Got our cabin

suexxx

Hi all. Checked personaliser and we have been given E166 which is 13 rooms from the back of the ship and I think it is called port side of the ship. Anyone stayed in this cabin and is it a D or DD cabin? Cruise is 31st JAN 2010 from Fremantle on the Pacific Sun. Suexxx:)

I believe it just scrapes into the DD category and yours is a 3 or 4 berth

Sun_Cabin%203%20or%204%20Berth%2002.jpg

Enjoy the cruise I am sure you will have an awesome time.

Wow this room looks bigger than the usual 4 berth cabins. Is it just me or is Category DD a bigger room? :)

Wow this room looks bigger than the usual 4 berth cabins. Is it just me or is Category DD a bigger room? :)

Looks a bit smaller when they take away the top bunks and push the two singles into a queen.

I am pretty sure they are the same size its just the way the pic has been taken!

Den

Hi all. Checked personaliser and we have been given E166 which is 13 rooms from the back of the ship and I think it is called port side of the ship. Anyone stayed in this cabin and is it a D or DD cabin? Cruise is 31st JAN 2010 from Fremantle on the Pacific Sun. Suexxx:)

same side as us but we are a bit more forward!

That's if we get what we requested?

When the beds are folded away the cabin looks totally different.

The only difference between the twin cabin and the 3rd/4th berth available is the beds in the wall and the extra wardrobe which is pretty handy for 2 as you have his and hers hanging space.

Also there are 4 room safes in the wardrobe closest to the window.

Port side is the best in my opinion!

Den

same side as us but we are a bit more forward!

That's if we get what we requested?

When the beds are folded away the cabin looks totally different.

The only difference between the twin cabin and the 3rd/4th berth available is the beds in the wall and the extra wardrobe which is pretty handy for 2 as you have his and hers hanging space.

Also there are 4 room safes in the wardrobe closest to the window.

Port side is the best in my opinion!

Den

Den, Ive never considered what side our cabin is on. May I ask what the difference is? Just curious!

Im probably wrong but the 4berth on the pac sun felt much bigger than the 4berth on the pac dawn. Maybe it was just the room setup.

Sharon

:)

Den, Ive never considered what side our cabin is on. May I ask what the difference is? Just curious!

Im probably wrong but the 4berth on the pac sun felt much bigger than the 4berth on the pac dawn. Maybe it was just the room setup.

Sharon

:)

I like to see whats going on in port from my cabin!

Last time we had port on the Pac dawn and we see so much more especially in the ports!

Noumea from port side has to be seen to appreciate!

People were sat on there balconies in the flats opposite with binoculars watching us watching them and toasting us with wine:D,sailing out of Noumea we got to see all the small islands some with just one speedboat and miles out to sea.

Sailing into the Isle of pines we got to see a deserted beach on port side that we walked to,didnt know it was there on our first trip!

We see a container ship that was miles out and it eventually crossed our path and you could almost touch it it was so close! In the middle of the ocean and one ship crosses the path of another so close?

In Vila we could watch the native dancers below from our cabin, and watching the late arrivals running in a panic as they almost miss sail away:D

I just preferred port side to starboard?

Den

Hi Sue

I am glad you have got your room. I am on the same cruise as you know and my Cruise Personaliser still does not tell me. :confused: I guess I just have to wait and be patient. It must be so exciting because it seems to be more real when you have a room number.

Leanne

Hi Sue

I am glad you have got your room. I am on the same cruise as you know and my Cruise Personaliser still does not tell me. :confused: I guess I just have to wait and be patient. It must be so exciting because it seems to be more real when you have a room number.

Leanne

Leanne this could be a good sign! I hope the upgrade fairy gives you a visit!

Dont worry mine still says requested cabin # (I dont believe in the upgrade fairy) But if you do it may come true:p

Den

• 2 weeks later...
suexxx. my friend and I are off on Pacific Sun this Saturday (19 December) , cabin E66!!

Very intrigued by the "Secret Staircase" though, would love to know more...

Then it would not be a secret would it.:p:D:D

Have a look around on your next cruise.

it is fun looking for it.

Hi Sue

Leanne

When I booked (directly with P & O) they gave me my room number straight away :confused:

Archived