Protecting valuables on the beach

Sclions17

You are certainly right to be concerned and take precautions. One good rule is to take very few valuables to the beach. We have a waterproof fanny pack (you can find stuff like this online) where we put our cash and credit cards and we wear that in the water. Our backpack stays on the beach but there is nothing of real value in that pack. There are various packs you can purchase that will lock to a lounger, tree or darn near anything...and some folks swear by those things.

Hank

If hubby has a velcroed pocket on his swim trunks, stick cards/cash in there...water won't hurt plastic cards or even cash! We don't bring anything "valuable" to beaches. No one wants your tee shirt or flip flops. They are fine on the beach.

If hubby has a velcroed pocket on his swim trunks, stick cards/cash in there...water won't hurt plastic cards or even cash! We don't bring anything "valuable" to beaches. No one wants your tee shirt or flip flops. They are fine on the beach.

We do the same!

I used to have a waterproof good camera but it finally died. Now I take a throw-a-way underwater camera. I can take a picture of my husband in the water, the beach from the water and fish when we snorkel. I can have prints made or pictures put on a disc.

We use a water wallet which can hold cruise card and money .

Thank you. This is a great idea!! I was thinking about investing in a aqua safe which hooks behind a chair, etc. Hubby is not crazy about this. Said.."what if there is no chair and we have to lay it on the beach. Someone can still snatch it and run."

I used to have a waterproof good camera but it finally died. Now I take a throw-a-way underwater camera. I can take a picture of my husband in the water, the beach from the water and fish when we snorkel. I can have prints made or pictures put on a disc.

Bonnie J...great idea!

We've been using ziplock bags for small valuables and take it us while swimming.

It's often our camera (Sony RX100 3, a relatively small point and shoot but not waterproof) and/or our cell phones that have given us concerns the last couple of beach days. :)

Thank you. This is a great idea!! I was thinking about investing in a aqua safe which hooks behind a chair, etc. Hubby is not crazy about this. Said.."what if there is no chair and we have to lay it on the beach. Someone can still snatch it and run."

We had won about ten water wallets over the years playing trivia on rccl , might have one left , have not seen them as a prize in years.

We are going on our first cruise ever and want to protect our valuables while swimming at the beach. Could anyone recommend something?

Thanks in advance.

Leave them on the ship. There is very little of value that you need to take off the ship. Take your ship card, a CC, some cash, and keep it on your person.

I have a waterproof camera that goes with us everywhere. Ship's card, ID, cash and credit cards are in a Witz Surfsafe dry case in my swimsuit Velcro pocket or around my neck. Nothing else of value is left on the beach while we are in the water.

Whatever waterproof wallet you decide on, do a test with it at home first. Put some paper toweling in it, close and immerse in a sinkful of water for 5 minutes. If the toweling gets wet, then it either isn't waterproof or it wasn't closed properly. (Yes, some "waterproof" wallets leak!)

Best to find out at home before subjecting a cell phone or other valuable to a test on the beach.

Also, if putting credit cards, ship cards or anything else with a magnetic strip in a wallet or pocket, try to put cash or something else in between. Sometimes the coding in the strips gets interfered with by another card strip and you may have to go to guest services to get your room card re-coded.

While in Hawaii, I saw a couple return from the water and search for their cellphones, wallets, etc. they had buried in the sand in zip lock bags.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They were lucky no one watched them putting those items into the sand and helped themselves to it lalll while the couple was in the water.

They were lucky no one watched them putting those items into the sand and helped themselves to it lalll while the couple was in the water.

They actually had a difficult time finding their stuff, and this was my exact thought. Definitely not something I'd recommend nor do myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk