Sydney Nova scotia

oceanfan1212

We are taking a New England cruise in October, I was looking at our stop in Sydney. Some say not much to do. There is an excursion to Bell Museum. Is this museum worth while? If not, what is good to do in this port?

Thanks.

Look up tours for and to:

Cabot Trail

Fortress of Louisbourg

Not much right in Sydney.

The Bell Museum is okay, but not great. It was something to do in Sydney. Truthfully, the beauty of the drive over to the museum during October will outweigh the museum itself. Consider renting a car for around $30 and making the drive yourself, That way you can stop and admire the scenery when you want to instead of watching it flash by through a bus window.

You don't say what part of October you're visiting Sydney, but be aware that Louisbourg basically shuts down in mid October. Unless you're on an excursion, you'll be wandering empty streets. Even the excursions only have a few shops open to visit.

The Miner's Museum is pretty cool from what I've read, but the mine tours stop in mid-October as well.

We were there in late October last year, and ended up driving over to Baddeck and the Bell Museum by default since everything else had essentially closed.

• Like 1

We did the Bell Museum and thought it was interesting. You have some time to walk around the little village that it is in also. We leaned some interesting things about Bell. At the port there is a visitor center with a small museum on the top floor that is also interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed our day in Sydney on a Sept. cruise. It was low key and nice to just walk around the pleasant neighborhood near the dock (where the walking tour goes). There was an arts and crafts show going on in the expo by the big fiddle so I was able to pick up a Christmas gift or two. Enjoy!