Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I'm traveling alone on NCL Getaway in a solo small cabin with it's own lounge area restricted to solo travelers only.

Maybe, I was on the Escape in a solo cabin, everyone on the ship had access to the lounge, the kids trashed the place on a daily basis. Management did NOTHING even after repeated complaints. Good luck with that.

I was on the Escape last January for my first NCL cruise, never had any issues with unauthorized people in the studio area.

your keycard is required to access all entry doors. In the evenings solos that were not in studio cabins were given access for the evening Solo meetings. Outside of this narrow time window, no Key card no access.

Perhaps somebody was leaving the doors blocked open that allowed kids in?

I had a fantastic time on this trip.

Maybe, I was on the Escape in a solo cabin, everyone on the ship had access to the lounge, the kids trashed the place on a daily basis. Management did NOTHING even after repeated complaints. Good luck with that.

I find that story hard to believe. Been on the Breakaway numerous times & the Getaway and the Escape each once. I have never heard of kids being in the Studio Lounge. Since kids are obviously not Solo cruisers they should be kicked out as soon as they are discovered there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am cruising not solo for the first time in a while. It's the first time since 2014 that he is able to cruise with me.We leave Saturday on Caribbean Princess. I opted for the back to back 14 days sailing. West Caribbean first, then east. Lol, been cruising solo so long I hope I remember how to travel with someone else. :):)

I’ll be sailing solo on the RC Anthem of the Seas 2/23/19, out of Cape Liberty.

I did the same exact cruise the same week in 2017, but caught the flu and by the end of day 2 was miserable, sick as a dog, and quarantined in my cabin until day 6. There are a lot of great features of the ship I didn’t get to take advantage of, but the feature I appreciated most was the solo balcony cabin! They only have a few, but I sure appreciated being able to at least sit outside, even if I couldn’t really do anything.

I usually sail solo and agree that dining alone can be a bit tough, however on my last cruise I think I found the secret. I dined in the specialty restaurants and each time I was asked by the staff if I was waiting for someone I put my most brilliant smile on my face and said “no, I’m by myself... unless you want to join me.” And we would all laugh. Honestly, I ended up with the most attentive service ever, and one night in the steakhouse the staff took turns sitting with me and chatting away. I felt like the belle of the ball and even got some free wine refills. Of course, I also brought my kindle with me, just in case I had to entertain myself.

I usually sail solo and agree that dining alone can be a bit tough, however on my last cruise I think I found the secret. I dined in the specialty restaurants and each time I was asked by the staff if I was waiting for someone I put my most brilliant smile on my face and said “no, I’m by myself... unless you want to join me.” And we would all laugh. Honestly, I ended up with the most attentive service ever, and one night in the steakhouse the staff took turns sitting with me and chatting away. I felt like the belle of the ball and even got some free wine refills. Of course, I also brought my kindle with me, just in case I had to entertain myself.

I find eating solo tough at times too. This is a great idea!

Just booked my first international solo cruise ever to South America and Carnival. I will be cruising on Celebrity Eclipse in 2020 to celebrate my 50th birthday. This will be a 14 day cruise. Will spend three days in Rio enjoying the Carnival Festival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am doing solo in S.A. on Royal Princess 2019 (49 days). For Carnival time we will be in Chile (March 4th, Puerto Chacabuco; 5th, Puerto Montt)

Ramona

Solo on NCL Getaway Sept 30 - Oct 7

Will be my 3rd cruise in 5 weeks...am planning nothing but down time with this great deal that included the drink package. Have visited these ports (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan & Coz) many times, so ... I'm not even getting off the ship :-}

3rd cruise is 5 weeks! You’re living the life ❤️. Enjoy

3rd cruise is 5 weeks! You’re living the life ❤️. Enjoy

HaHaHa and thanks, monbeck -- right now it's not feeling like it. I retired a couple years ago & have been hitting it pretty hard (5 in 2016 & 5 in 2017). Told myself I had to slow down (if only in terms of dollars), and I was doing really well...only one in March, but June had my daughter asking me to go with her, then I found a great deal on Alaska and, finally, NCL sent me an offer I couldn't refuse :-} So, unless I book another before end of December, I will have slowed down some.

Cruising solo on Star Flyer out of St Maarten February 2019 and Royal Clipper out of Barbados end of March 2019, big difference from main cruise lines but I finally get to experience small out of the way islands and whole different experience.

Cruising solo on Star Flyer out of St Maarten February 2019 and Royal Clipper out of Barbados end of March 2019, big difference from main cruise lines but I finally get to experience small out of the way islands and whole different experience.
I'm thinking of taking advantage of their no solo supplement too - probably on Star Clipper out of Phuket in March. I've cruised on Wind Star which is similar in size, but still a different experience.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Very nice, thats what I like ,the smaller ships ,smaller ports