Room Service not free on RCI?

It all depends on what you want. Continental breakfast is included and you will pay a small fee for anything else. But you could order everything on the room service menu and it would be the same charge. I believe some of the suites are different though, they have room service included.

OFF the wall question...and I hope it never happens...if I contract noro and am confined to my room, do I still have to pay for room service?

No, if they confine you to your stateroom, room service is included. You may also get to order off the MDR menu, like suites.

I would still tip the person bringing the food for the free continental breakfast. I hate to even bring this up as tipping brings out the daggers in people, but throwing them a couple duckets for their effort is worth it in my opinion.

I'm always befuddled by many peoples' "outrage" at having to pay a $7.95 room service fee for the "luxury or convenience" of having meals or drinks brought to your room? In many cases, these seem to be the same people who seem to have no problem with multiple cruises booked at any given time, take frequent vacations, book excursions and upgraded staterooms, dine in specialty restaurants, frequently stay at hotels, and don't mind paying parking fees at terminal garages, etc., All of those expenses add up to many thousands of dollars every year and certainly eclipse any amount that would be spent on room service charges?

What am I missing here?

It just seems that even multiple $7.95 room service charges during any one cruise, makes up such a small part/percentage of the total cruise expense, I'm not understanding why it seems to cause so much "heart burn" among some folks? Is it just "the principal" of thing (something that used to be "free") that causes the annoyance? If I'm not mistaken, isn't $7.95 about the same price as just one "upscale drink" at the bar? It would really bother me to have to "niggle" over each little additional expense while I was on vacation. Life's too short! Regards to all.

I'm always befuddled by many peoples' "outrage" at having to pay a $7.95 room service fee for the "luxury or convenience" of having meals or drinks brought to your room? In many cases, these seem to be the same people who seem to have no problem with multiple cruises booked at any given time, take frequent vacations, book excursions and upgraded staterooms, dine in specialty restaurants, frequently stay at hotels, and don't mind paying parking fees at terminal garages, etc., All of those expenses add up to many thousands of dollars every year and certainly eclipse any amount that would be spent on room service charges?

What am I missing here?

It just seems that even multiple $7.95 room service charges during any one cruise, makes up such a small part/percentage of the total cruise expense, I'm not understanding why it seems to cause so much "heart burn" among some folks? Is it just "the principal" of thing (something that used to be "free") that causes the annoyance? If I'm not mistaken, isn't $7.95 about the same price as just one "upscale drink" at the bar? It would really bother me to have to "niggle" over each little additional expense while I was on vacation. Life's too short! Regards to all.

It's not a lot of money. For people like myself, we just want to know since gratuities are the only thing on our account at the end of the cruise.

My impatience overrides my laziness, so I go to the closest coffee station & grab two cups to get us by until we head to breakfast.

Ha, I hear ya but we can barely open our eyes before that first cup let alone make our way thru a cruise ship to get coffee, those door hangers are great since you can request what time you want it so no waiting just fall out of bed and crawl to the door when it arrives :')

OFF the wall question...and I hope it never happens...if I contract noro and am confined to my room, do I still have to pay for room service?

i wondering same but found some posts of others stating they get all room service items no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The wife and I usually cruise carnival so this paying for room service is new to me. I would normally give the delivery person a $5 tip for room service. If I am paying for room service and gratuity is also being added to that fee, am i expected to also give the $5 tip i usually offer? I will probably give it anyway, just want to see what the majority of you guys are doing.