German potato pancakes

rvmike

I have never seen them onboard either. By the way, we have different words for them in German :D:

- Reibekuchen

- Kartoffelpuffer

- Rösti

- Kartoffelplätzchen

....just to name the most common words....;)

Mouth watering - what time do you open your kitchen.(yn)

I have never seen them onboard either. By the way, we have different words for them in German :D:

- Reibekuchen

- Kartoffelpuffer

- Rösti

- Kartoffelplätzchen

....just to name the most common words....;)

I don't remember where I went to in Munich, but I was disappointed with the potato pancakes. They were more potato flavored pancakes versus my mom's recipe where it's mostly potatoes with a little flour thrown in (maybe a Polish vs. German recipe?). I grew up on these pancakes and absolutely are one of my favorites!

I don't remember where I went to in Munich, but I was disappointed with the potato pancakes. They were more potato flavored pancakes versus my mom's recipe where it's mostly potatoes with a little flour thrown in (maybe a Polish vs. German recipe?). I grew up on these pancakes and absolutely are one of my favorites!

The real West German Reibekuchen exist only of potatos, an egg and maybe one spoon of flour, salt and pepper. :confused:;):confused::confused::confused:;)

The real West German Reibekuchen exist only of potatos, an egg and maybe one spoon of flour, salt and pepper. :confused:;):confused::confused::confused:;)

That's how my mother-in-law made them. Served with sour cream, they were delicious. She is Ukrainian.

I've never seen potato pancakes on board. One of my mother-in-laws other specialties was cheese Blintzes, made with farmer cheese and served with sour cream which I call Ukrainian ketchup. They have decent cheese blintzes in the buffet.

The Irish recipe for potato pancakes (Boxty) is: in blender grate 4 medium size potatoes with 1/2 medium onion + mix with 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of flour. Fry in bacon fat until crispy brown. Serve buttered. Yum

My dad makes Dutch Potato pancakes. No flour in them, just grated potato, egg and salt. We use the green Tupperware grater. I finally found one at a second hand store and bought it. We add sour cream on them when they are nice and crispy.