Carnival Sunrise is now the Carnival Triumph

shof515

My credit came thru on my credit card for FTTF. I'm tempted to go rebook it as, at this point, I don't think they are recharging my card and moving it over even though the letter I got stated my purchased items would be moved over.

John Heald said FTTF should be back on your account within 2 weeks.

I spoke with a Carnival rep last night to get confirmation on whether or not my FTTF would be automatically rebooked. She said no, my money would be refunded (which it was as of this morning) and I would need to rebook the FTTF excursion again. I re-purchased it right after I got off the phone w/the rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More cabins and less public space. Great for enhancing the revenue opportunities for this ship, but not so great for passengers. The lowest level of the showlounge on Deck 3 is removed and turned into cabins. The large aft lounge on Deck 5 is also removed and turned into cabins. No additional public space added, so the ship will definitely be more crowded.

The Serenity is a big disappointment. On CARNIVAL SUNSHINE it's the best in the fleet with a great pool and waterfall. On SUNRISE it's not so great, with both the slides entrance and kids clubs located right adjacent to it. Not sure how serene Serenity will be?

Just received a call from Carnival Corporate regarding our FTTF for next year's cruise - they just wanted to confirm that we still wanted it, and re-booked it for us. Have a feeling this will happen to all current reservations - no need to rebook on your own :)

Just received a call from Carnival Corporate regarding our FTTF for next year's cruise - they just wanted to confirm that we still wanted it, and re-booked it for us. Have a feeling this will happen to all current reservations - no need to rebook on your own :)
Just to be safe, check your booking! We were tossed out of our handicapped cabin & placed elsewhere! The top 3 decks are being removed entirely. Newly designed decks will replace them. We just happened to be on a deck that was being replaced.

We did get our cabin back, but it took a few frantic phone calls.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Just to be safe, check your booking! We were tossed out of our handicapped cabin & placed elsewhere! The top 3 decks are being removed entirely. Newly designed decks will replace them. We just happened to be on a deck that was being replaced.

We did get our cabin back, but it took a few frantic phone calls.

can you clarify what you mean by the top 3 decks are being removed entirely? Based on deck plans, they're moving stuff around, but it looks like there are still cabins where there once were.

Our cabin on lido got reassigned and I'm not sure why since our original cabin appears to still be there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

can you clarify what you mean by the top 3 decks are being removed entirely? Based on deck plans, they're moving stuff around, but it looks like there are still cabins where there once were.

Our cabin on lido got reassigned and I'm not sure why since our original cabin appears to still be there.

I'm wondering if they are converting your lido cabin to a spa cabin as I thought I saw that mentioned in the announcement that they are adding a spa cabin category in the revision

I'm wondering if they are converting your lido cabin to a spa cabin as I thought I saw that mentioned in the announcement that they are adding a spa cabin category in the revision
At the moment, both my old and new cabin are both coded as an 8E on the deck plans.

Just got a call asking if I wanted to rebook my cancelled FTTF from CS. I wouldn't hesitate to call if you have questions about any of the Sunrise changes. The person asked me if I had any other questions about my "new" reservation on the Sunrise and was willing to try to answer anything.

Like they did with the Sunshine, they are removing the top 3decks of the Triumph & REPLACING them with newer, redesigned decks that are probably already being built in Cadiz, Spain. Cabins will still be there, but they will all be new. The rest of the ship will get refurbished - new decor, new carpet, etc. Some new walls may be put up, old walls may be taken down. Areas will be rearranged to accommodate dinng venues - Bonsai Sushi, Farenheit 555, Seafood Shack, etc. Lounges get redesigned & new furnishings are brought in. The whole redesign & refurbishing is so extreme - Carnival decided to do a rename of the ship. What better reason to charge MORE money?

Our original assigned cabin was still there too, but WE got moved out! We fought to get it back. You should too!

Just FYI - we took the Destiny to Venice to become the Sunshine. We spent the 18 days getting the inside scoop of what they were going to do to the Destiny & saw the drawn out plans.

Yes I got the call also today and rebooked it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not very happy about this change. Our Triumph cruise was one of the most special and memorable vacations to me, so the ship is near and dear to my heart. Seems like Carnival is going to pull the old "remove public space to cram in more cabins" trick and replace the beautiful theater with another horrible Liquid Lounge. This and the removal of 1/4 of the Promenade Deck without adding any new public space will definitely make the ship much more crowded than it already is. While I can't necessarily say that this is going to ruin the ship (it needed some major TLC), I can't help but be disappointed. I miss the days when each venue on each ship was different and unique, and it seems like Carnival is moving towards every ship holding many standard venues/brands found on all new and/or newly renovated ships (Limelight Lounge, Lido Marketplace, Liquid Lounge, Fahrenheit 555, etc.) instead of building unique new ships with fun themes. I will follow the progress of the renovation, but I'm afraid that the days of the Triumph (err, Sunrise) that I used to know and love are now over.

Does anyone know if there’s going to be a thalassotherapy pool in the spa? I don’t see it on the deck plans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering about this also. I am booked in Sept of 2019. I booked this cruise because I wanted the New England itinerary and I was a little nervous about the Triumph. I am pleased about the refurb. Love me some Guy's!

The website still shows that Sunrise is not included in the Thalasso pool and I can't see it in the deck plans but then I couldn't really enlarge it enough to tell.

I really wanted to book before the announcement came out about the refurb but I never got around to it. I checked prices today and a balcony cabin on a 4 day cruise out of NY is $200 more than my 7 day on the Magic.

That’s crazy.