Triumph leaving NO an hour later?

jlcloy

We are on the 9/15 sailing of the Triumph this weekend. We got an email saying our departure will now be 5:00 instead of 4:00. Does anyone know why they are pushing back the departure time?

Why does it matter? Once on the ship, the cruise begins. Ships leave when the port authority say they can leave. Just because it is 5:00 or anytime, for that matter, the ship will leave when the port authority tells them they can. Ships don't schedule departure times, the port does.

We are on the 9/15 sailing of the Triumph this weekend. We got an email saying our departure will now be 5:00 instead of 4:00. Does anyone know why they are pushing back the departure time?

I'm on the same cruise, and the email I got didn't say anything about pushing back the departure time. All it said was that they would be loading and unloading supplies, so be on time for our arrival appointment at 1:30 and that we would sail "as soon as our loading is complete." I know others have gotten emails pushing their arrival time back by an hour, but that seems to be for the earlier arrival times. So maybe the ship will be late getting back into port on Saturday?

I was on the 9-6-18 sailing of the Triumph. As most of you know, they will be completely renovating the Triumph in drydock at the end of February and changing it to the Sunrise. We sailed right after 5PM. At least the next few sailings will all leave after 5PM as they unload demolition materials and bring on construction materials.

They have already started demolition on parts of the Triumph and are bringing in tons of materials for the renovation. They have already demolished the Oxford lounge on Deck 4 and some other parts of the ship making the public areas more crowded than usual with some construction noises and paint smells.

They will be getting rid of the Del Rio Lounge and the Venezia lounge to make more cabins that will hold an extra 1100 people. The renovation will be about the same as they did the Destiny when they turned it into the Sunshine.

I was on the 9-6-18 sailing of the Triumph. As most of you know, they will be completely renovating the Triumph in drydock at the end of February and changing it to the Sunrise. We sailed right after 5PM. At least the next few sailings will all leave after 5PM as they unload demolition materials and bring on construction materials.

They have already started demolition on parts of the Triumph and are bringing in tons of materials for the renovation. They have already demolished the Oxford lounge on Deck 4 and some other parts of the ship making the public areas more crowded than usual with some construction noises and paint smells.

They will be getting rid of the Del Rio Lounge and the Venezia lounge to make more cabins that will hold an extra 1100 people. The renovation will be about the same as they did the Destiny when they turned it into the Sunshine.

Did Carnival not see what happen to the Norwegian Sun when Norwegian did construction renovations on a sailing ship?. Seems crazy that they are doing the work now, then again they did cut the dry dock time to only 2 months..so who knows

Was the Del Rio lounge and Venezia closed or just the Oxford bar?

Only the Oxford bar is closed at this time. I wish I had taken some photos of the work going on but I did not think about it. Parts of deck 3 outside were closed off too.

I was told that some parts of the 7th floor were closed also but did not go to see for myself.

I can confirm that the 7th floor even cabins were closed off. We just got off and had a balcony and inside room (separate room for the kids) on the other side. Also yes, we are platinum and were suppose to board at 11:30. We received a text saying to come at 12:30 and it was about 1:45 before they started boarding anyone. Sadly those that were after that time were a quite a bit later getting on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...