Carnival Triumph 2019 Norfolk booking (& options to book) disappeared - anyone else?

Hi gang,

A couple of weeks ago, I booked the Triumph For October 2019 out of Norfolk. (Super early, but wanted a particular cabin - also going on faith that the ship is going to be 'Sunshined' in advance.) This morning, I noticed that all Norfolk 2019 options have disappeared, and that my booking had disappeared as well!

It's now Saturday morning, and I just got off the phone with Carnival; after a bit of a wait, the agent was able to determine that my booking (and the ability to book) is indeed locked, but that my sailing is not cancelled. She said I should be able to access / update my sailing on Tuesday.

I'm wondering if this means that Carnival will be making an announcement about the ship's layout / cabins in the near future. Anyone else hear anything regarding their booking?

My cruise on June 10, the 10 day journey cruise is also missing from carnival website and it is missing from the carnival website too. Last night everything was visible when i checking pricing. So something is indeed going on with all of the Triumph cruise

I guess we have to wait and see what is going to happen on Monday/Tuesday. Because it is the weekend, i dont expect anything to be resolved today or tomorrow.

Same here. We're booked on the May 12th sailing from Norfolk. Booked directly on their website last month and just spoke with a rep 3 days ago.

Now I can't pull up our reservation.

I checked 2 other on-line cruise agencies and it shows the sailing invalid.

I'll be so disappointed if they canceled sailings out of Norfolk again.

We sailed on the Splendor from Norfolk in 2015 and really enjoyed it.

We were planning to take our daughter and her family who live in Virginia Beach on this cruise.

Going to wait a day or 2 to see if it's just a glitch or they might be doing something with the cabins since the ship will be coming out of dry dock before our sailings.

Will post back if I hear anything.

Thanks all for your quick replies - it looks like we're all temporarily impacted.

The agent was not an expert - I had to hold for a while for her to contact another department - but she DID eventually tell me that my October 2019 Norfolk sailing wasn't cancelled, just locked until Tuesday, at which point I can maintain my existing sailing. (Add the name of others in my cabin, make a payment, etc.) With that in mind, I'm still a little relieved to hear that all post-drydock sailings aren't visible. I'm assuming that for the most part we're all safe, and that maybe we'll all find out more about the Triumph drydock and upgrades later this week <fingers crossed>.

Thanks all for your quick replies - it looks like we're all temporarily impacted.

The agent was not an expert - I had to hold for a while for her to contact another department - but she DID eventually tell me that my October 2019 Norfolk sailing wasn't cancelled, just locked until Tuesday, at which point I can maintain my existing sailing. (Add the name of others in my cabin, make a payment, etc.) With that in mind, I'm still a little relieved to hear that all post-drydock sailings aren't visible. I'm assuming that for the most part we're all safe, and that maybe we'll all find out more about the Triumph drydock and upgrades later this week <fingers crossed>.

Thanks for letting us know!:):)

My booking for July 10 out of NYC is gone too. I called and the rep had no clue why and just said try calling back Monday. Also, a few days ago Carnival moved my deck 9, 4J inside with oceanview room without notifying me to deck 7. When I called they said that the rooms were no longer going to be there after Dry Dock.

I have a B2B booked on her in November. Like you, very early, but we wanted a certain cabin. I went to check my booking today to check pricing and whatnot and noticed that both of my bookings had disappeared. Glad to know that we aren't the only ones impacted. The wife and I were starting to panic.

My booking for July 10 out of NYC is gone too. I called and the rep had no clue why and just said try calling back Monday. Also' date=' a few days ago Carnival moved my deck 9, 4J inside with oceanview room without notifying me to deck 7. When I called they said that the rooms were no longer going to be there after Dry Dock.[/quote']

That's very interesting. I wonder what is being done to them.

Did you get the same type cabin on deck 7?

Yes they moved me to same type of cabin. But the deck 7 4J cabins are just regular sized cabins. The deck 9 4J had a more of a square shape which makes the room feel bigger.

I have 15 cabins booked on Triumph in Sept out of NY.. I am a TA and logged in on our sites to add a booking and noticed I was unable to find the sailing date, and then discovered I could not locate ANY of the bookings for that date. I panicked and called our rep at CCL right away. I was told they are working on the Triumph "System", they said to expect it down for 3 days. I asked if the sailing was cancelled, she said that there were no mentions of that but all sailings from April 2019 and on are not accessible. I asked if another ship was taking it's place... she said no word of it.

Today is the end of the $49 deposits per person and I was concerned about new bookings now not having that offer if we have to wait 3 days! I hope CCL will extend that to any new Triumph bookings.

Yes they moved me to same type of cabin. But the deck 7 4J cabins are just regular sized cabins. The deck 9 4J had a more of a square shape which makes the room feel bigger.

I'm sorry and hope you're not terribly disappointed.

I am really interested to hear the rest of this story as time passes.

Glad to see this thread and the posts above; which make me hopeful that my June 2019 cruise will not be cancelled. My son picked this cruise for his high school graduation present. I was afraid that I would find out bad news like the Triumph was moving to Australia or Singapore. Well, fingers crossed that our cruise will not be cancelled.

Now, I'm really interested to find out what upgrades they are planning for the dry dock.

Edited by mpcaruth

My booking for July 10 out of NYC is gone too. I called and the rep had no clue why and just said try calling back Monday. Also' date=' a few days ago Carnival moved my deck 9, 4J inside with oceanview room without notifying me to deck 7. When I called they said that the rooms were no longer going to be there after Dry Dock.[/quote']

I wont be surprised if they are going to try convert those 4J cabins into the bigger Scenic Grand Ocean View which means carnival can basically charge more money for the same cabin.

It must have been my lucky day. I was in a 4J on 9 for the 6/10/19 sailing. I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago....cabin was being decommissioned and they upgraded me to a balcony on the lido.

I know when I booked I got the last 4J....so they had nowhere to put me but "up".

It must have been my lucky day. I was in a 4J on 9 for the 6/10/19 sailing. I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago....cabin was being decommissioned and they upgraded me to a balcony on the lido.

I know when I booked I got the last 4J....so they had nowhere to put me but "up".

Awww man lucky you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked John Heald on June 25 if the Triumph was going to be renamed, and he replied that it wasn’t, but that it would have an “exciting dry dock” and news on it would come soon. I guess that news will be early next week.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

This past Thursday we booked a 4-day Bermuda cruise for next August. Deck 9 balcony. We knew about the scheduled drydock before we booked, so shutting down the online access (no, we can't access our booking either) isn't a surprise. I'm looking forward to what is going to be added to the ship!

Well Hello Everyone. I just created an account because like you my booking on the Triumph disappeared (Norfolk). While on hold waiting for the representative to come back on the line I googled Carnival Triumph and this thread came up. The information that i received was: your booking isn't cancelled although your ship may change but we are locked out of the system. They could locate my booking but the ship was unassigned. They were told that there was a system malfunction and the Triumph was 1 of the ships that were effected and even they cannot or access all of the bookings. Carnival is supposed to make announcement on Monday, I guess we'll know if we are cruising on The Triumph, The Greyhound or not cruising at all. We have 9 cabins booked, this is not the stress i need lol.

I’ll tell you what’s BS. That they can’t tell you right now if you call, what is going on. We have made deposits and made payments toward our cruises. They should be accessible or an explanation provided. Putting people into a tizzy should not be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello, I am also on the June 10th sailing. Today I went to make my daughters reservation

because they were having the deposit sale, and I couldn't find cruise. I called my TA at Carnival

she said that the sale will end on Tuesday and that they had gotten an email that the reservations for

the Triumph will be released after 3 days. She got the email Friday. So she promised me that Monday

when she gets in she will call me an make my daughters reservation. Lets see how that goes.

Two years ago something similar like that happened and when cruise was back up they had changed

the whole itinerary. Hope they don't cancel anything about this cruise. Lets see what Monday brings.