Cruise before the Triumph goes into Dry Dock

VolzCruiser

I think nothing will happen on your cruise, it just be a regular cruise with no issues. Any kind of prep work they need to do to the ship will be done during the transatlantic when it sails with no passengers to the ship yard.

I think nothing will happen on your cruise, it just be a regular cruise with no issues. Any kind of prep work they need to do to the ship will be done during the transatlantic when it sails with no passengers to the ship yard.

There should be around 12-14 days without passengers given that Triumph will be headed from New Orleans to Cadiz and Sunrise will go from Cadiz to Fort Lauderdale.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

So after reading the news that the Triumph will be going in to such a large Dry Dock, I am a bit concerned that I am on the cruise before this happens. What can I expect to be happening in prep on the Triumph?

It's never a good idea.

• 1 month later...

They have already started on demolition. The entire Oxford lounge has been demolished. They are sailing an hour later to have more time to bring construction materials on and off. There are paint smells and some noises.

Part of deck 7 is being demolished and no telling what is next.

They have already started on demolition. The entire Oxford lounge has been demolished. They are sailing an hour later to have more time to bring construction materials on and off. There are paint smells and some noises.

Part of deck 7 is being demolished and no telling what is next.

That’s insane. Nearly five months before the scheduled dry dock? I could see if an unscheduled repair was needed, it might make sense to go ahead and do the work now, but I don’t understand taking staterooms out of service to renovate them before a scheduled dry dock.

Just off the Triumph on Thursday. They had one side of the deck 7 cabins closed off for construction, and a couple of the aft elevators, but other than that, that's all that we could see. And nothing that impacted our experience at all.

I just got off of Triumph yesterday and we had deck 7 port cabin and were the very 1st ones in the a brand new cabin! They had the starboard side (at least front) closed off and were working on those.

Other than that and the boarding time being adjusted it was all fine.

That’s insane. Nearly five months before the scheduled dry dock? I could see if an unscheduled repair was needed, it might make sense to go ahead and do the work now, but I don’t understand taking staterooms out of service to renovate them before a scheduled dry dock.

When they did the Destiny it took longer than they expected and after it set sail a bunch of workmen were still busy making noise.

Guess they wanted to get an early start. Seems to be lots of other choices why go on Triumph now.

When they did the Destiny it took longer than they expected and after it set sail a bunch of workmen were still busy making noise.

Guess they wanted to get an early start. Seems to be lots of other choices why go on Triumph now.

Uh, maybe you live a lot closer to NOLA than other ports? Or maybe you want to try it before it is "Sunshined"? Or maybe you want to sail with Simon London, collect a Triumph ship on a stick, or sail on a short cruise that has Seafood shack? Or a host of other reasons ...

I sail in less than 2 weeks on a cruise I booked over a year ago. Carnival is still denying as of yesterday that any work is being done on the ship. The one time I failed to buy insurance. Go figure.

I guess if it’s too bad you can invoke the Great Vacation Guarantee.

I guess if it’s too bad you can invoke the Great Vacation Guarantee.

I doubt I'll go that far. My wife will be the one to insist that we still go since this is our 10 year anniversary cruise. I'd be less upset (key word being less) if Carnival would just tell the truth about whats going on. I'm not asking for any OBC or future cruise credit.

Just my personal preference, but I would never cruise on a ship right before or right after a dry dock.

Before the dry dock they will be moving supplies onto the ship, already starting work in some areas, etc. After the dry dock, they will still be working on things they didn’t completely finish, addressing problems with new additions to the ship, etc.

Obviously people still cruise on ships right before and after dry docks, and I imagine most of them have a good time. But I still wouldn’t cruise during those time frames.