Pacific Jewel to leave the fleet March 2019

Press release from P&O Australia today

We have important news on the ongoing transformation of the P&O Cruises fleet. Our fleet refresh is gathering pace with today’s announcement that a second Grand-class ship -- the 3100-guest Star Princess -- will join her sister Golden Princess in our fleet. Golden Princess’ P&O debut is in October 2020 and Star Princess joins in late 2021.

This new chapter in our fleet transformation means farewelling the much loved Pacific Jewel after nearly 10 years of introducing many Australian and New Zealand guests to cruising.

“A jewel by name and nature,”’ as our President Sture Myrmell has said today. Pacific Jewel leaves us in March next year but please rest assured we will be contacting guests with bookings on Jewel after this time offering cruises that best match their needs.

We apologise for any inconvenience as we work through these arrangements and thank our guests for their patience. Today’s announcement - along with Pacific Eden’s farewell in April next year -- is another important step in the transformation of the P&O Cruises fleet as we continue to offer great value cruise holidays as Australia’s homegrown cruise line.

Dedicated telephone and email channels have been established for guests who have questions related to an affected cruise:

· Australia Phone line: 1300 550 491

· New Zealand Phone line: 0800 543 177

· Email Address: cruiseupdates@pocruises.com.au

Hi Belmont Babe

got an email yesterday from P&O cancelling our cruise out of Melbourne on 16th March 2019

to Kangaroo Island

bit disappointed as it left on Friday so didn''t need to take too many days off work and it was my Birthday. they offered us one in February sails on a Monday with same room catigory and $100 each on board credit

that leaves on a Monday same destinaton

Hard thing is when we booked they has upgrades book an interior room get upgraded to an ocean view which we wanted to try an interior cabin booked the best one in our opion deck 10 right at the front next to the door to the obrervation deck told them didnt want an up grade

called them last night cant give us same cabin on the February cruise

cant decide what to do now

Hi Belmont Babe

got an email yesterday from P&O cancelling our cruise out of Melbourne on 16th March 2019

to Kangaroo Island

bit disappointed as it left on Friday so didn''t need to take too many days off work and it was my Birthday. they offered us one in February sails on a Monday with same room catigory and $100 each on board credit

that leaves on a Monday same destinaton

Hard thing is when we booked they has upgrades book an interior room get upgraded to an ocean view which we wanted to try an interior cabin booked the best one in our opion deck 10 right at the front next to the door to the obrervation deck told them didnt want an up grade

called them last night cant give us same cabin on the February cruise

cant decide what to do now

Why not fly to Kangaroo Island? You can fly direct from Melbourne to KI on Qantas now. A stay at one of the unique Lighthouse houses would be a memorable place to celebrate your birthday. As KI is such a big island, it better suits a land holiday, rather than a cruise holiday. If you don't wish to hire a vehicle, you can get transfers from the airport to your accommodation, like I did on my last visit.

Why not fly to Kangaroo Island? You can fly direct from Melbourne to KI on Qantas now. A stay at one of the unique Lighthouse houses would be a memorable place to celebrate your birthday. As KI is such a big island, it better suits a land holiday, rather than a cruise holiday. If you don't wish to hire a vehicle, you can get transfers from the airport to your accommodation, like I did on my last visit.

Cape du Couedic Lighthouse Keeper Heritage Accommodation

These are my favourite Cottages.

environment.sa.gov.au

Its sad to hear that the Pacific Jewel is leaving the P&O fleet :(

I have only managed to sail on her once :(, we might have to try and do another cruise on her before she leaves the fleet :)

It will be interesting to see what P&O do to the Star Princess.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser