Half Moon Cay Wedding - Carnival Conquest

Hi all, this forum has been a big help to me during the wedding planning process. Just wanted to let you all know we are getting married this August in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas so if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help others out as well!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

First off, congratulations on getting married! I hope that you had the wedding of your dreams!

My fiance and I are planning to get married on board a Carnival Cruise.

I am now in the process of narrowing down ships, and the Conquest is among my top chioces.

I would like to know what your overall experience was with Carnival. Also, how was the end product of decoration, food and cake for your wedding. Also, which rooms were your ceremony and reception held!

If there are any pictures you can share, it would be awesome!! I can post my e-mail if you would not like to share photos publicly.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Lusilva09
Forgot a question

Thanks! It turned out much better than I expected! Our wedding planner was awesome and kept me calm in moments of panic.

Our guests really enjoyed the food choices on the conquest and those who had kids said their kids loved the Kids Club. I got married on the beach so unfortunately I won't be of much help in terms of pictures and decorations. but our reception was held in the night club because we went with the open bar.

Overall experience was good! We had a younger crowd so while in my opinion Carnival doesn't always have the nicest looking ships the entertainment as usual was great.

Whatever boat you end up on I do suggest you supply your own cake decorations! Give them to your wedding co-coordinator and with a picture of how you want it to look and/or instructions.

If you want pictures of the reception venus and such let me know your email and I'd be happy to send them along.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Thank you so much for replying!

I am happy to hear that everything went better than expected. I hope I have the same experience. Thank you for the tip of the cake decoration!

I agree about Carnival's ships. I prefer Royal Caribbean, but I have heard horror stories of their wedding planner Royal Romance.

Yes please, I would love to see pictures of the reception, and food if you don't mind, luciasilva@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for sharing. There is not much info out there about cruise weddings, and I understand we are not much in control of the rooms Carnival will decide to use for the wedding day.

Thanks again,

Lucia

Edited by Lusilva09

• 4 months later...

First off congratuations Zzbme19! I can tell you my experience was much better than expected! and it definitely went by in a flash! Are you getting married on the beach in HMC or the ship? I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have. When's the wedding?

Hello TheJadeFox! Thanks so much for responding! We are getting married on August 19th! It's my birthday too! I'm so excited!

Yes we have decided to have the beach wedding! How was it without and decor? Or did you bring any? Did you get to enjoy the island or did you have to get right back on the ship?

Was there anywhere to get dressed or did you have to come already dressed? I have tons of questions lol

My email is zzlvjb@aol.com I would like to see any pictures you would like to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh nice! Yours is one day off from mine! Honestly I was little stressed about not having any decor but the beach was such a beautiful backdrop I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. I would have loved to bring some decorations but honestly it was just too much to travel with. We were coming from Toronto and already carrying too much. We chose to have the reception on the ship right after the wedding so people could change and enjoy the beach when it was done. We had to get dressed on the ship, but they were able to accommodate us not seeing each other until the ceremony. I'll send you a couple pics via email. We got married first thing in morning so it wouldn't be so hot. It had rained earlier so it was cloudy but even still it was very hot, to point that people were sweating lol. If your bringing thank you gifts, mini paper fans are a great idea haha.

• 1 year later...
Hi all, this forum has been a big help to me during the wedding planning process. Just wanted to let you all know we are getting married this August in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas so if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help others out as well!

Did you get married on the beach or in the chapel on HMC? I am trying to find photos of the chapel. :)