Parking--New Orleans

lovetotraveltx

Looks like mine was anywhere from 72-76.6 inches and yours should be 76.6 inches.

Ugh. We just went and measured. Right at 79 with that roof thing, rack, whatever it is. Came on the car. Unfortunately, I think my car may be an inch higher than the newer ones. It is 2012. I suspect we might make it, but just nervous. We've never had any trouble in any parking garages. Going to think for a bit while we finish packing. Thanks for the feedback!!

Maybe someone can answer this for me, since my two emails to the garage have gone unanswered. We are staying at the Hilton NO Riverside two days prior to our cruise departing. Can I reserve those and park there during the entire trip. We are leaving as soon as we disembark, so it would only be for the two days prior and the week of the cruise.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, since my two emails to the garage have gone unanswered. We are staying at the Hilton NO Riverside two days prior to our cruise departing. Can I reserve those and park there during the entire trip. We are leaving as soon as we disembark, so it would only be for the two days prior and the week of the cruise.

I’ve never heard of them having a cruise rate and their hotel parking rate is high...like $40/day. I would put your car in Fulton.

http://www.neworleansparking.com

Sorry I wasn't clearer but I wanted to park at Fulton Street, not at the Hilton for the two days before the cruise leaves. I sent two emails to Fulton Street asking this question and have not received a response.

I’ve heard of people booking extra days and being fine. But they do have a cruise rate and a hotel rate on their website. If you want to be super safe I would book two days at the hotel rate and then 7 days at the cruise rate. I think the hotel rate is like $20 so you’re still half the price of parking at the hotel.

Sorry I wasn't clearer but I wanted to park at Fulton Street, not at the Hilton for the two days before the cruise leaves. I sent two emails to Fulton Street asking this question and have not received a response.

Back in March we booked an extra day before cruise and stayed at Hilton Riverside. I just logged back in and edited my booking when we decided to park there while we stayed at hotel because it's $40 to park at hotel. It still gave me the cruise rate. My husband let us and luggage out in front of hotel. While I ran in and checked us in he was going to pull to side to wait on me but they made him move so he just made a block and picked me up and we took the car to Fulton and walked back to hotel. The following morning we just walked straight through the mall to the terminal.

Hey all,

While we're seasoned cruisers, we'll be cruising for the first time out of New Orleans in just two weeks. We booked Fulton, but I don't understand how the shuttle works. Can we arrive at the garage with all our luggage and they shuttle us and the luggage to the port? How about coming back? I heard some stuff about luggage and an elevator that completely evaded me. But can I assume they'll shuttle us and our luggage back to the car when the Dream (Carnival Dream-Pun Intended) is over? Thanks!

Hey all,

While we're seasoned cruisers, we'll be cruising for the first time out of New Orleans in just two weeks. We booked Fulton, but I don't understand how the shuttle works. Can we arrive at the garage with all our luggage and they shuttle us and the luggage to the port? How about coming back? I heard some stuff about luggage and an elevator that completely evaded me. But can I assume they'll shuttle us and our luggage back to the car when the Dream (Carnival Dream-Pun Intended) is over? Thanks!

The shuttle will take you and the luggage to the port and same thing coming back. The only difference is when you get back they let everybody out and one person from your party will go get the car while they are unloading all the luggage and when your car gets there they will help you load your car and you are on your way. It is very organized and fast. Both times we have used them they have been right there waiting when we got off the ship.

The shuttle will take you and the luggage to the port and same thing coming back. The only difference is when you get back they let everybody out and one person from your party will go get the car while they are unloading all the luggage and when your car gets there they will help you load your car and you are on your way. It is very organized and fast. Both times we have used them they have been right there waiting when we got off the ship.

Is it just as easy for my husband to drop me and the luggage off and then go park the car and take the shuttle. Or is it an easy walk for him without luggage? Thank you!

Thanks teague38, for taking time to answer my query. That's exactly what we needed to know. Other than packing, we're ready and raring to go.

Hi folks, reporting back! We parked in Erato. We got scared about the clearance after measuring our car and reading a few reviews on yelp about height issues in the Fulton garage. Huge mistake!! Once we paid the $140 and pulled into Erato, they had a clearance bar that was at the same level stated for fulton!! It is strange because there was much more height in the garage, but the entry bar was the same as Fulton. Of course our car fit easily. Obviously our measurements were wrong. Next time we will park Fulton no question. After we parked, we walked through the River walk to get to Jackson Square. We intended to hop on the Streetcar at Julia, but when we got there, it was nowhere to be found. We did not feel like waiting, so we kept walking through the River walk. It was a hot day. We walked around Jackson Square and got beignets and headed back to the ship. I saw the prices for parking at the River walk and took a photo.

• 1 month later...

Fulton place parking shuttle service being fast is relative somewhat like quality of food issue. We sailed Carnival out of NOLA Xmas 2017 and did roof top parking at Fulton Place (by the way it is a whole lot of floors up to the roof top) I believe NCL Gem was departing same day and the shuttle waits were like 30 minutes to port. After watching the line and talking to others waiting for about 5-10 minutes we decided it may have been just as fast to walk. We went up to Julia Street, walked in and just past the railroad traks was a fairly narrow one way road coming towards us. We did go into the NCL terminal and walked inside for as long as we could, but eventual had to go out of building to the road. Now that I've done it once i know where i'm going. Will park at Fulton again next Xmas just not roof top.