9PM Cruise Departure from Miami

jesskuhmarie

Has anyone ever been on a cruise that had a late departure? I just booked the Conquest for May 5, 2019 and it shows a 9PM departure. I've only ever had departures of 4 or 5pm. Has anyone been on a cruise like this/know how it works exactly? Will I still be able to get on the ship around noon or will it be later?

Thanks!

The evening departure is probably because Conquest will be docking in Fort Lauderdale in the morning, disembarking all passengers and then heading to Miami for your cruise. Looks like you are on her first sailing out of Miami...the evening departure should be lovely. We will be on board on May 18, 2019.

Much, much later. Conquest is repositioning from Fort Lauderdale that day so it is debarking passengers in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning, going to Miami, and then embarking passengers there.

I was on the first Conquest cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, the day it had repositioned from Miami. Embarcation was an absolute fustercluck, with boarding starting even later than they had advised people. So there was a huge mass of people with nowhere to go.

Dinner was supposed to be open seating for everyone before the muster drill, but with boarding being so delayed they did the muster drill as soon as everyone had boarded, so it was late (like after 9 pm) before some people had the chance to eat anything.

In my experience, Carnival doesn't handle one-off sailings like this well. Pack your patience, and make sure you eat before leaving for the port.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Much, much later. Conquest is repositioning from Fort Lauderdale that day so it is debarking passengers in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning, going to Miami, and then embarking passengers there.

I was on the first Conquest cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, the day it had repositioned from Miami. Embarcation was an absolute fustercluck, with boarding starting even later than they had advised people. So there was a huge mass of people with nowhere to go.

Dinner was supposed to be open seating for everyone before the muster drill, but with boarding being so delayed they did the muster drill as soon as everyone had boarded, so it was late (like after 9 pm) before some people had the chance to eat anything.

In my experience, Carnival doesn't handle one-off sailings like this well. Pack your patience, and make sure you eat before leaving for the port.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Well darn, not what I was wanting to hear but glad I'm finding out way in advance at least.

I was really hoping to still get on early since it's only a 6 day cruise and I've done an 8 day for my last two cruises and am already sad that I'll have two less days that I've gotten used to haha. I booked this cruise without my normal amount of research because I saw there was a scenic oceanview room available which I've always wanted to try but have never been able to get.

I went ahead and snagged FTTF since it was still available but am not against cancelling it haha - do you think it will be more or less beneficial with this scenario?

Has anyone ever been on a cruise that had a late departure? I just booked the Conquest for May 5, 2019 and it shows a 9PM departure. I've only ever had departures of 4 or 5pm. Has anyone been on a cruise like this/know how it works exactly? Will I still be able to get on the ship around noon or will it be later?

Thanks!

We've done a few late night departures and the scenery is beautiful as you leave the port. Good luck and enjoy!

Anyone know how

Long it would take the ship to get from port Everglades to Miami? I’m just curious

Miami is all lit up at night and looks Georgia’s, I would love a late night sail away from there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know how

Long it would take the ship to get from port Everglades to Miami? I’m just curious

Miami is all lit up at night and looks Georgia’s, I would love a late night sail away from there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would guess about two hours slow going out of port and than into port of miami

You're in for a treat. We left the Port of Miami at midnite when Hurricane Harvey redirected us last year. Find a great spot and enjoy. It was one of the most scenic things I've seen in decades of cruising

Well darn, not what I was wanting to hear but glad I'm finding out way in advance at least.

I was really hoping to still get on early since it's only a 6 day cruise and I've done an 8 day for my last two cruises and am already sad that I'll have two less days that I've gotten used to haha. I booked this cruise without my normal amount of research because I saw there was a scenic oceanview room available which I've always wanted to try but have never been able to get.

I went ahead and snagged FTTF since it was still available but am not against cancelling it haha - do you think it will be more or less beneficial with this scenario?

I've never dealt with this scenario, but I would absolutely keep FTTF. And I am not a huge proponent must have it kind of person either.