What to do in Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta in December

PCWalton1

We will be in Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta on December 1 & 2 this year. Should we go whale watching, if so which port? any recommended vendors? What other ideas, not looking for a beach day.

Thanks for all your help :D

Hi,

Lots of possibilities! Have you been to those ports before???

On my last trip to Cabo I took a ship's excursion to a ranch that offered camel riding along the shore and lunch. It was quite interesting with a short nature walk and a talk about desert plants thrown in. I rarely do ship excursions but I enjoyed this one. The only bad part was the high charge for photos so be prepared .

You could certainly go whale watching at that time of year as well but you might just also see them from the ship. We did even in March.

Puerto Vallarta is another world as it is more tropical/jungle while Cabo is on the edge of a desert. It's a great city for walking. We just take a taxi from outside of the port to the malecon(boardwalk) and walk, and people watch and look in shops and have a lovely manga margarita etc.

Whale watch in Cabo...and stroll in PV. We took a cab to Rio Cuale (sort of a native flea market,lovedit) and walked to the Malecon. Had lunch at the Union Brewery. BEST day of the cruise