Atlantis Mexican Riviera Cruise 10/14/18

Nampaguy

I did this cruise last October. First off...don't worry too much what to pack. Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and a couple of bathing suits and you will be fine during the day. At night people tend to dress up a bit. Jeans, short sleeve shirts, a pair of khaki pants, maybe a long sleeve button down shirts. There are no formal nights and dress codes are very relaxed in the dining room except for the alternative pay restaurants where they want to you dress up a bit. Second....About two to three weeks prior to the cruise Atlantis will send out of list of late night "themed parties" and "late afternoon T-dances." It's about the same year to year - White party, disco party, tropical party, military, etc. Since it just before Halloween you will have no problem getting ideas for costume. I usually go to Party City or any other costume store in your city. Anyway... Just go to Youtube videos and search out "Atlantis Cruises." There a ton of videos of some of their cruises that past passengers have filmed about their cruises. That will give you a feeling of what to expect. Happy cruising.

I have been mulling over this trip. Solo. On the one hand, it sounds like potentially a lot of fun. When I think back on my past gay cruising experiences, I think about the cool people I've met. But I also think about the b****y cliques that form and those guys who are always so thirsty for attention and behaving all extra EXTRA. If I am lucky, I can see myself settling in with a cool group of fun, mature guys. If I am unlucky, I can see myself, iPad in hand, reading voraciously for seven days.

I have been mulling over this trip. Solo. On the one hand, it sounds like potentially a lot of fun. When I think back on my past gay cruising experiences, I think about the cool people I've met. But I also think about the b****y cliques that form and those guys who are always so thirsty for attention and behaving all extra EXTRA. If I am lucky, I can see myself settling in with a cool group of fun, mature guys. If I am unlucky, I can see myself, iPad in hand, reading voraciously for seven days.

I am not really into bitchy queens and would probably not have too much interaction with them. Hopefully if you go we can meet up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not really into bitchy queens and would probably not have too much interaction with them. Hopefully if you go we can meet up.

Go have great time. Partner tried to get me to go for many years as I had same concern being. 50. Will I was wrong and have gone last 5 years on the Mexico cruise . Going this fall too. We love str8 and gay cruises.

Great mix of folks....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ive been toying with idea of going on one of these a year or two. I know the promos follow the “sex sells” philosophy, but is it all guys with 5% body fat, tiny swimsuits, and perfect tans? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been toying with idea of going on one of these a year or two. I know the promos follow the “sex sells” philosophy, but is it all guys with 5% body fat, tiny swimsuits, and perfect tans? [emoji23]

It quite the opposite... it’s a true mix,,,, stocky, buff, skinny, I fell for that marketing and end not going till I gave in and now can’t stay away. It a true mix, Even the web site shows both.... Rich Campbell the pres

Of Atlantis wants all types and ages to attend. Won’t be enjoy young jock types that could properly afford to go.

We had guy.thaf went on the Mexico cruise that was late 80s or so... it really made one happy family seeing such a age range....

Also, Atlantis does a really great Singles Dinner where half the table rotates tables every course. It’s a great way to meet multiple tables of new friends. You will find most guys come out of their shell during these cruises.

Also, Atlantis does a really great Singles Dinner where half the table rotates tables every course. It’s a great way to meet multiple tables of new friends. You will find most guys come out of their shell during these cruises.

Thanks for passing this in, couldn’t agree more. Do wish they would rotate there entertainment more, for us regular cruises.... Otherwise a great product they do

The marketing material that Atlantis puts out is quite misleading. Sure, there is plenty of eye candy, but you will find plenty of "regular" guys too as well as older couples, skinny twinks, heavy set daddy and bear types and those into leather. I've also met a few lesbians and straight gals pals traveling with her gay friends. There is something for everyone. No worries.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be all ages on the cruise. For the newlywed game on the Atlantis cruise last fall one couple was in their 80s. Also, both the owner of Atlantis and the cruise director are at least 50 yo.

The entertainment on Atlantis and RSVP is more than worth the extra money that they cost.

Who’s booked on this cruise? A friend and I are first time Cruisers and have no idea what to pack!

Some other guys here did a good job about telling you what to pack clothing-wise. Since this is your first cruise, I also recommend a few things to pack for yourself or room.

1. Antibacterial wipes (wipe everything down)

2. Headache medicine (you'll be around a lot of loud music and drinking and your room might be under the dance floor)

3. Ear plugs (even if your roommate doesn't snore, there's a lot of doors swinging and slamming, and closet doors that can creak)

4. A large plastic mug if you drink a lot of water, tea, or lemonade. Cups are tiny.

5. A magnetic clip for your daily schedules (cruise ship walls are magnetic) or a pocket or folder to keep your paperwork in.

At Atlantis, you can count on getting lots of card stock party advertisement teasers and papers. It's nice when you can just keep it all on one place instead of loose.

6. Condoms and other personal items. Yes it's sold in the gift shop but for a high markup. Just as medicines.

7. There's always a wet party, bring a super soaker if you please. It will be more fun that way.

8. Watch some videos on YouTube of people cruise prepping. You can get lots of good things at the Dollar Tree or sample size item bins of Target - sun block, the things I mentioned above. I always like to get a $1 softsoap. Your cruise will include a shampoo and conditioner is a dispenser- but the hand soap provided will be a bar soap. A soap pump is just easier for everyone sharing your stateroom.

The gift of Atlantis to its cruisers is usually an Atlantis branded gym bag (with separate shoe compartment) given to you the night before arriving at the first port. You can bring it to port and put your things in there so you won't need to bring any beach bags. You won't need to bring beach towels as they're provided for use by the cruise line.

Hope this helps, see you on board

Some other guys here did a good job about telling you what to pack clothing-wise. Since this is your first cruise, I also recommend a few things to pack for yourself or room.

1. Antibacterial wipes (wipe everything down)

2. Headache medicine (you'll be around a lot of loud music and drinking and your room might be under the dance floor)

3. Ear plugs (even if your roommate doesn't snore, there's a lot of doors swinging and slamming, and closet doors that can creak)

4. A large plastic mug if you drink a lot of water, tea, or lemonade. Cups are tiny.

5. A magnetic clip for your daily schedules (cruise ship walls are magnetic) or a pocket or folder to keep your paperwork in.

At Atlantis, you can count on getting lots of card stock party advertisement teasers and papers. It's nice when you can just keep it all on one place instead of loose.

6. Condoms and other personal items. Yes it's sold in the gift shop but for a high markup. Just as medicines.

7. There's always a wet party, bring a super soaker if you please. It will be more fun that way.

8. Watch some videos on YouTube of people cruise prepping. You can get lots of good things at the Dollar Tree or sample size item bins of Target - sun block, the things I mentioned above. I always like to get a $1 softsoap. Your cruise will include a shampoo and conditioner is a dispenser- but the hand soap provided will be a bar soap. A soap pump is just easier for everyone sharing your stateroom.

The gift of Atlantis to its cruisers is usually an Atlantis branded gym bag (with separate shoe compartment) given to you the night before arriving at the first port. You can bring it to port and put your things in there so you won't need to bring any beach bags. You won't need to bring beach towels as they're provided for use by the cruise line.

Hope this helps, see you on board

ADDENDUM:

And one more thing - always bring a lot of small bills for tips. I wish someone would have told me this before I started cruising. If you go out on an excursion they will always want a tip at the end. Or even if you do something in port on your own, it is nice to be able to tip. Or if you take a taxi, etc.

And you WILL see every body type, fit to plus, represented on the cruise. All ages 18 plus represented with majority probably between early 30-55 range. Atlantis claims 50% of guests come solo. That may or may not be true. A lot of singles know others from prior cruises or from a group they travel with so the availability of singles is no where near 50% as having no ties to being alone. ...And usually under 20 woman guests come on board for whatever reason.

You will have fun no matter what. The party and activities spreads runs parallel.

So if you're not a hard partier, there is something else going on like a show. Or if you don't like shows, there's usually an event that is alternate that you might like.

Also know that Atlantis is very disorganized. Keep your shhh together and always be on top of it. They always communicate late (3 weeks before the cruise is the target). Last year I didn't even know who my roommate was until 3 days before the cruise. And I had to call and find out at that. It wasn't ready 4 days ahead which is scary. I always book 8 months in advance to take advantage of the installment timeline, so I should have been in the manifest. When you get on board there will be Atlantis staff that you encounter, wearing orange shirts. These people are unpaid handpicked volunteers that basically get a free cruise to be an Atlantis cheerleader so they never see the office disorganized side of it. The only staff on board paid by Atlantis is their cruise director and the "producer". Maybe the Atlantis entertainers also. But that's it.

Thanks for passing this in, couldn’t agree more. Do wish they would rotate there entertainment more, for us regular cruises.... Otherwise a great product they do

Do you mean the Atlantis Signature Entertainers or the Main Headliner entertainers? I know lately that the headliners have done more than one cruise in a year sometimes. The Signature entertainers that travel with Atlantis just need new material between cruises.