Bayonne, exit 14a construction...any updates?

ajensen383

Wondering if there has been any updates to the Exit 14a construction?...I thought I read everything was open now, but not 100% sure... Last updated posts ive seen were from 2017... Going on the AOS next Friday and I am wondering if we should just use Ave E or take the new exit down Chosin Few Way??

It's better...almost done, no need to use Ave E unless you want...signs are there....you'll go leftish, up, over, around to the right, then left and end up on 440. It's less messy than it was, but once you get off the ramp past the toll plaza, it's a.little bumpy for a block or 2

Sounds like it makes no sense but it's really not bad. Try it...it'll be fun

Wondering if there has been any updates to the Exit 14a construction?...I thought I read everything was open now, but not 100% sure... Last updated posts ive seen were from 2017... Going on the AOS next Friday and I am wondering if we should just use Ave E or take the new exit down Chosin Few Way??

Go up the new ramp on your left out of the tolls. Stay to the right and follow the sign to Chosin Few Way. Follow it to the end and you make the left onto Goldsborough Drive into the port. It is a breeze now. It makes even getting home for me a lot easier. However, as of now the new road is only open to the port, not back to the Turnpike, although this may change any day now.

Thanks for the updates, good to know that there wont be much hassle now....Seems a lot easier with the new exit right to chosin fee way..rather than using Pulaski street to 440, then to goldsborough , that intersection was terrible... We have sailed out of Bayonne many times and never used Ave E, although in 2015 I should have since that whole intersection was a backlog for hours.

Go up the new ramp on your left out of the tolls. Stay to the right and follow the sign to Chosin Few Way. Follow it to the end and you make the left onto Goldsborough Drive into the port. It is a breeze now. It makes even getting home for me a lot easier. However, as of now the new road is only open to the port, not back to the Turnpike, although this may change any day now.

Please post an update when/if they open up the road TO the turnpike.

Also, do you have any idea what's being built on chosen few way opposite the firehouse?

• 2 weeks later...

We used the new Chosin Few exit to the port on 6/15. Much quicker than 440. It was not open to return to the Tpke as of this morning.

We wanted to be well past rush hour traffic on the way home, so we went to the Broadway Diner in Bayonne for breakfast before heading home. Getting back onto the Tpke from there was quick and easy with the new circle.

Please post an update when/if they open up the road TO the turnpike.

Also, do you have any idea what's being built on chosen few way opposite the firehouse?

It's going to be a Costco. Opening fall this year.

We used the new Chosin Few exit to the port on 6/15. Much quicker than 440. It was not open to return to the Tpke as of this morning.

We wanted to be well past rush hour traffic on the way home, so we went to the Broadway Diner in Bayonne for breakfast before heading home. Getting back onto the Tpke from there was quick and easy with the new circle.

Thank for the update. We are sailing on Friday. :D

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty in August. We’ve sailed once out of there about 6 years ago staying at a hotel with transportation to port.

This time we will drive directly to port driving north on turnpike.

How much is parking per day at the port?

Also- I’m thinking that construction should be done and getting to/from port will be easy.

Thanks!

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty in August. We’ve sailed once out of there about 6 years ago staying at a hotel with transportation to port.

This time we will drive directly to port driving north on turnpike.

How much is parking per day at the port?

Also- I’m thinking that construction should be done and getting to/from port will be easy.

Thanks!

Parking is $20/day.

A new route into the port from exit 14A has been opened via Chosin Few Way and the reports have been highly favorable. No longer any need to go via route 440 or Avenue E.

• 1 month later...
Can anybody tell me what Chosin Few way is? Is it right off 14A?

It's a new ramp at the exit 14A toll booth that eliminates the need to follow the trucks onto route 440 or to take Avenue E (local streets) to the left turn on Center St/45th St to get onto Chosin Few Way.