Fold or Roll

emam

Hi - just picked up this thread - something hubby and I always do when we go away - and some of you are going to say Really ? or screw up your face in horror - but we take old underwear and socks (with a supply of nappy sacks) (and sometimes old tee shirts to wear on expected sweaty days !) to wear and then disguard them ... less to carry home and a good excuse to buy new ! and less washing too ..... I also take a see through over the door shoe hanger to put toiletries etc in in the bathroom - always limited shelf space - it works - sorry if I've offended anyone !

I do this as well- the old stuff I mean and "dump it" and come back to lovely new stuff:D

Packing cubes are the way to go. We also halve everything and put them in separate suitcases. I also put 1 spare set of everything in a zip log back and put in our carry on. If you are flying you never know if your bags are going to arrive with you or the next day. At least that way, you can have a shower and wear fresh clothes. We also have special packing containers for shirts. I do a mixture of rolling and folding depending on what it is. Having just come back from 5 weeks in the UK doing mostly driving with a short cruise at the end we found the packing cubes great. Means we didn't have to pack/unpack every day when checking in our hotels. I just put a few sets of underwear and the clothes we were wearing every day in the top of the case and they just lifted in and out. mummsie

You're not allowed to take an iron on P&O either? But you can use an iron in the laundry room.

The irons Iin the laundry room will have been PAT tested. They are fixed to the wall and will only reach the ironing board. They have timers on them and will switch off automatically at the wall.

Irons in cabins could be left on amongst bedding, as the bed is the only sizeable flat surface available (apart from the floor). They won't have been tested. And travel versions unlikely to have automatic shut offs, and certainly won't switch off at the wall.

Not everybody uses the key card in the electric switch to the cabin, many use other cards, or the door hangar in the slot. So electric is not switched off when cabin is vacant.