Price check, register one please!

tallnthensome

Help requested from the Celebrity regulars here. My wife and I have sailed Holland and Princess in the past and we now have an 8 and 10 year old whom we have sailed Carnival, NCL, MSC, and Royal with. We have never sailed Celebrity. I'm looking at a 12 day Southern on the Silhouette for April 2020. For a standard deck 9 angled balcony for us four with classic drink package it's $6116 minus grats. What is your opinion on this price, I don't need to hear about supply and demand. Is the price good, great, bad, high, poor when comparing to how prices have been on Celebrity lately? Shoud I wait? Any tups? I mean, I can sail cheaper elseware but with Celebrity being a step up and a longer itinerary give me your fair assessment of that price for a 12 day balcony with two kids. Thanks in advance ....

$6,116 minus gratuities ($696=14.5*4*12) equals $5420 divide by 12 and by 4 equals $112.92 PPPD That is a very good price for CAT 1A on deck 9.

We are on the Silhouette for March 15 2019 (Spring Break) booked it on July 2017 CAT 2A the price is $176 PPPD and now the price is $1,400 higher. I recommend you book it now

I think that is a spectacular price for 4 - plus, the Silhouette is an amazing Ship!

You'll be very happy that you've included the classic beverage package - It makes everything much more convenient and relaxing with respect to Beverages.

Enjoy the cruise!

Twelve days for a little over $1500 per person....you were smart to book this cruise. You will have a great time.
Thanks, I felt that is was pretty good deal considering the drink packages, length, cabin, and itinerary. It was defiantly the ports which you can't get to on Royal, NCL, or Carnival that set it apart.

Based on our recent experience that is a good price.

A lot of people will say Celebrity is not a good cruise line for kids, but I saw kids having a good time.

If your kids spent their entire day on board in line for the water slide, they might be a bit disappointed, but if they are more about the beach, snorkeling, port type activities, Celebrity will be great. If they are the kids that enjoy organized activities, crafts, camp type stuff - some cruisers have posted good reviews of Celebrity's kids's activities, including making the point that those were less crowded and frenetic than the lines with more kids like Disney and RCL - think campfire with smores and stargazing on the top deck lawn.

I hope your family has an awesome trip

Based on our recent experience that is a good price.

A lot of people will say Celebrity is not a good cruise line for kids, but I saw kids having a good time.

If your kids spent their entire day on board in line for the water slide, they might be a bit disappointed, but if they are more about the beach, snorkeling, port type activities, Celebrity will be great. If they are the kids that enjoy organized activities, crafts, camp type stuff - some cruisers have posted good reviews of Celebrity's kids's activities, including making the point that those were less crowded and frenetic than the lines with more kids like Disney and RCL - think campfire with smores and stargazing on the top deck lawn.

I hope your family has an awesome trip

Thank you so much! This will be cruise 6 for them in 2020. The girls just sailed the MSC Seaside, which they enjoyed. They are well behaved and don't need to have lots of other kids to have fun. They simply like to swim, watch movies on deck, and port excursions are key. I've explained what to expect from X versus the others we have sailed and it's A-ok with them as any cruise is better than no cruise. I don't want to take them to repeat caribbean ports already at their age and this cruise had some harder to find islands not readily available on the budget lines.

Considering that third and four persons have a greatly reduced rate, I don't find it that attractive. By the time you add taxes and fees, the rate for the first and second passengers is about $200 p.p. per day. It seems to be the going rate but I wouldn't call it a great rate by any means.

It’s a good price; however, it’s a ways out...keep looking for price drops (they do happen, I just got an $1100 drop on my 2019 Hawaii cruise without losing any perks). Celebrity kids club traditionally doesn’t have many kids so the ratio of staff to kids is fantastic, they get a lot of attention. $150 per day is good, just keep looking (or contact a TA to see if you can get any more perks. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm open to all opinions, good or bad. I'll keep watching for price drops for sure ....... When comparing similar cruises (ports and length) on Holland and Princess it was by far the cheapest. I always book two years in advance and my last three cruises only went up in price so I figured there was no harm in putting a deposit down with no real risk except it going up in price. We sail every year (once) and we, like most others, have noticed the trend of rising prices ..... I mean NCL has a 10 day Southern for 2020. For their 10 day on an older ship with balcony and drink package it's only $500 less ..... but it's two days shorter ..... and it's NCL. I'm still leaning towards it's a decent deal after my extensive mock bookings on every line possible. Again, the ports alone are worth the extra dollars in our case and I can deal with that.