Can you have lunch in dining room on embarkation day?

billy10

Our experience has been that embarkation lunch in the MDR has very limited choices but is a nice, quite escape. However, if you're really hungry your best bet is the Lido or Dive In.

That is true, but if you don’t get enough to eat in the MDR, you can always go to Lido afterwards. LOL. That’s the way to get your cruise off to a great start - enjoy both! We like the MDR because we don’t have to search out a table and we’re able to relax with our traveling companions and plan out the rest of our day without everyone getting up and down to get food from the buffet. [emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I prefer the MDR because I don't have to search out a table and it's quiet. I'm served my food, don't have to carry a tray, and always manage to find something to eat. I enjoy the Lido during the cruise when it's not so hectic.

We always have embarcation lunch in the MDR while awaiting our luggage. We especially enjoy meeting other people when we first are on the ship. That said, the portions are small and the menu is limited and the service is usually slow and sometimes the table stewards get the orders incorrect. We don't mind since we usually top up at the Lido afterwards.

I prefer the MDR because I don't have to search out a table and it's quiet. I'm served my food, don't have to carry a tray, and always manage to find something to eat. I enjoy the Lido during the cruise when it's not so hectic.

:) What tray ? You forgot they took away

our trays .:)

When I found out that the trays had gone I bought myself a lightweight Lucite tray that also serves nicely as a suitcase divider. It came in especially handy to transport coffee and juice back to our cabin. It did elicit several positive comments from fellow passengers as well as Lido staff.

When I found out that the trays had gone I bought myself a lightweight Lucite tray that also serves nicely as a suitcase divider. It came in especially handy to transport coffee and juice back to our cabin. It did elicit several positive comments from fellow passengers as well as Lido staff.

Another option if you don’t want to pack a tray, is to take the tray from under your ice bucket in the cabin. I use that to carry coffee and danish back to our cabin on the mornings I don’t want to wait for room service. And it works great to carry things to the cabin from the Neptune Lounge on those cruises where I swing for a Neptune Suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

New to Hal just wondering if I can have lunch in dining room on embarkation day. Thanks for any info

It's become a tradition for me to do so and is where I often first meet fellow CCers. It's a nice way to start the cruise.

It's become a tradition for me to do so and is where I often first meet fellow CCers. It's a nice way to start the cruise.
We disembarked the Eurodam this morning. The dining room was not open on embarkation day. We were onboard by 11:30 and we're told that they would not have the MDR open until dinner.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread title: Can you have lunch in dining room on embarkation day?

We're Sailing Away's response to the question:

we weRE LEAPS and bounds BEYOND that with some detailed posts :eek:

There was no context or flow....................

we weRE LEAPS and bounds BEYOND that with some detailed posts :eek:

There was no context or flow....................

The threads suffer from frequent drift, so when someone does give a direct response to the OP, it can be confusing!:p

Oh, yes I did forget. Senior moment.

MANY of us have many of those moments. :)

;:)

Many cruisers get l ight weight trays in dollar store and I've never seen anyone stopp ed from using them in Lido. I doubt anyone cares if someone wants to use A SMALL tray they brough t with them;

The small trays make it easier for SOLO travelers to enjoy Lido.