Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

HELP ! I get the old site on Edge and the new site on Chrome. However, for the last two days, the new site will not let me log on. A message says my username and password do not match, but when I try the Forgot your password, it just recycles back to the first message. This morning, the old site does not come up on Edge, just a blank page. Color me frustrated...

Maybe you missed the maintenance outage notice for yesterday and today.

Notice came out before they said they couldn't pull up the site, so that is really not a valid excuse.

That is presuming one pulls up the site on the previous days, instead of just weekends.

I’m on my iPhone. It’s strange that both the new and old site won’t load in Safari. But, I can get to the new site on Chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like the old site created a cookie on some browsers. Once you selected the link you would automatically try to go to the old site. I ran into a similar situation and could get just the new site after clearing cookies.

Roy

I just pulled up and browsed around the old website using Firefox on my Macbook with this link: https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin I was able to log in to my account, don't have a HAL cruise booked.

I just tried the old website on my iPad and it worked. Much easier to search cruises using the old link.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn’t think it was possible than to have a worse web experience than Celebrity. IT IS! I’m not sure what HAL did, but it’s awful. When I try to book it locks me into an interior cabin of their choice that is impossible to escape. Fortunately it is a dummy booking to look at pricing.

It looks like the old site created a cookie on some browsers. Once you selected the link you would automatically try to go to the old site. I ran into a similar situation and could get just the new site after clearing cookies.

Roy

Thank you. I’ll try that next time. It actually ended up working a few hours later. Strange

We book our cruises pretty far in advance so I am always checking to see if pricing has dropped. Today I tried to check but the entire cruise was missing on the HAL website. I checked the website for one of the big box stores to see if maybe it was sold out. Nope...plenty of room. I called HAL and they couldn't find the cruise either. She was going to report it to their IT department. I'm assuming the cruise will show up sooner or later.

Helen

I had this happen again while searching for a sailing in July and August --- plenty of other sailings for the region but none on one particular ship was appearing. It occurred to me that this sailing also has identical sailings in June. In my search terms, I only changed the month to June and viola, it appeared. I believe the glitch in my case is because when you click on the June sailing's itinerary you can also see all of the other prices for future months, as they have the same exact itinerary. Hopefully, they'll sort out the glitches quickly.

Now, why your agent couldn't see the sailing you were searching for, I have no idea. I will tell you that happened to me a few years ago when there were 2 embarkation dates for my cruise . . . some could see it and others couldn't. Happy Sailing!

I just pulled up and browsed around the old website using Firefox on my Macbook with this link: https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin I was able to log in to my account, don't have a HAL cruise booked.

Thank you for the link. I was able to get my list of cruises after I signed in. I saved the list in case I can't access it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this on the NEW website: at the very bottom of the opening screen scroll down to the bottom and you will see a FEEDBACK tab. On my iPad it was on the right side bottom. Click that and you can provide feedback about the website.35e75ab754d03f975155e08b017ae747.jpg

I know I am not the most computer savvy person in the world but I generally figure it out after awhile and, if not, my DH always comes to the rescue . But we can't figure this one out so am looking for help. No derogatory comments please as am looking for information relative to the new HAL website and yes I do hate it. Thank you.

Well, the problem I have encountered is that I like to download a copy of the Shore Excursions (EXC ) brochure for my particular cruise then I print out pages I want (I know, so 20th century) , or use it on tablet for quick referencing. Much quicker than signing into website each time I want to reference it and going thru steps on HAL site to get to it. So on new website go to EXC tours and click "download personalized e-brochure" and absolutely nothing downloads, or if it does sure can't seem to find it anywhere in my download files. Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jane

I know I am not the most computer savvy person in the world but I generally figure it out after awhile and, if not, my DH always comes to the rescue . But we can't figure this one out so am looking for help. No derogatory comments please as am looking for information relative to the new HAL website and yes I do hate it. Thank you.

Well, the problem I have encountered is that I like to download a copy of the Shore Excursions (EXC ) brochure for my particular cruise then I print out pages I want (I know, so 20th century) , or use it on tablet for quick referencing. Much quicker than signing into website each time I want to reference it and going thru steps on HAL site to get to it. So on new website go to EXC tours and click "download personalized e-brochure" and absolutely nothing downloads, or if it does sure can't seem to find it anywhere in my download files. Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jane

I like to do the same thing - hard copy for immediate reference. Some of us have had luck using different browsers, since I find Mac Safari often does this same thing on other newer websites, not just the new HAL website debacle - click and absolutely nothing happens. Nothing.

Can you try another browser like FireFox, to see if it works better than what you might be currently using? I have had some luck on other websites using Firefox after they "improved" them. But that is such a nuisance I just stop going to the website.