Vancouver roundtrip - Cruise Account Charge in USD or CAD?

bUU

When the cruise line settles balance on account aboard ship at the end of the cruise, I am assuming that the credit card on file will be charged in USD (so no foreign transaction fee). Is that a good assumption? Thanks!

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

When the cruise line settles balance on account aboard ship at the end of the cruise, I am assuming that the credit card on file will be charged in USD (so no foreign transaction fee). Is that a good assumption? Thanks!

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Yes, your charges will all be in US dollars.

On all cruise lines, on any cruise, we always want to be charged in the currency of the ship....not the currency of our credit card.

Why? When the cruise lines charge you in your home currency our experience is that they use a currency conversion that is less advantageous to us.

Exactly the same for stores in FLL. MIA etc. We always want our credit card company to do the conversion. The only exception is airline charges. For some reason the airline conversion is often less than the credit card conversion rate.

I think in the past some south pacific cruises originating and ending in Australia or NZ have been in Australian dollars. Not sure if this is still the case.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

We did two cruises from Sydney. The first, a Princess cruise to Fiji used Australian dollars. The second, an RCI cruise, to NZ and Australia, used USD. We took the second cruise ten days after the first.

The average net difference at the bar was about 35 percent more on the RCI cruise. Mostly attributable to currency but there were some price differences on wine. We spent a lot more on the 14 day Princess cruise than we did on the 21 day RCI cruise.