Lunch after embarkation in Seward

athome_atsea

Does anybody know the MDR and/or Lido hours for ships departing from Seward? I've booked the HAL bus transfer from Anchorage to Seward, which leaves Anchorage at noon, so I would assume we arrive at the Seward port around 2:30/3pm. Will there be any lunch options onboard at that time? We're 4-star mariners and normally go to the Mariner Lunch in the MDR but I'm thinking it will probably be long over by then...

The Lido will be open until 2 or 2:30. The Dive In for hamburgers and hot dogs will be open until about 5 or 6. Salad bar and sandwiches and desserts will still be available until around 4. Sam thing with Pizza.

A few times we did back-to-back cruises out of Vancouver with Seward being a disembarkation port for many people and embarkation port for others. The dining room was not open for those of staying on.

I looked at my "When and Where" from the Statendam, 2014. Lido Lunch was 11-4 with "Deli" and Dive-In continuing until 5.

Roy

Thanks, Roy. Depend on you to save everything and then be able to access it. I wish I were half that organized!

Our info says we will not get to Seward from Anchorage until 5:30. Wow! Just in time for dinner. I mentioned to our PCC and she nicely said, "there will be food you can purchase on the train". REALLY, HAL?

We are already paying an arm and a leg for this Alaska experience and we have to PAY for lunch on the train - when others can get on the ship (that didn't pay for the Denali experience) earlier and eat lunch at lido or Dive-In?

I'm still not happy about that.

Our info says we will not get to Seward from Anchorage until 5:30. Wow! Just in time for dinner. I mentioned to our PCC and she nicely said, "there will be food you can purchase on the train". REALLY, HAL?

We are already paying an arm and a leg for this Alaska experience and we have to PAY for lunch on the train - when others can get on the ship (that didn't pay for the Denali experience) earlier and eat lunch at lido or Dive-In?

When we arrived in Seward, at dinner time, we were told to go to the lido. It was our first cruise and we didn’t know that we could have gone to the MDR. Not a good start to our trip!

When we arrived in Seward, at dinner time, we were told to go to the lido. It was our first cruise and we didn’t know that we could have gone to the MDR. Not a good start to our trip!

Amazing! I know they do this at Embarkation Lunch, trying to herd everyone to the Lido, but at dinner?? Wow! Not sure why, in HAL's odd scheme of things, they would do that!

When we did the train from Anchorage to Seward, all they had were a few choices of sandwiches to buy. Already pre made.