Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

I'm still getting the "old" website when I visit HAL online, so don't know what's going on? I know this issue was discussed in another forum thread here today, linked below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2615003&highlight=new+website

Thanks, I didn't see the earlier thread. I'm definitely not seeing the old website anymore. The new one reminds me of the awful ones that other cruise lines use..... :mad:

Mine changed too. I'm trying to search for cruises and a little circle just spins. This is the same reason I've only cruised with Celebrity twice. Their website never worked. When looking for cruises becomes a chore I look at other lines. I hope they fix this because this is horrible :(

I had the same problem with the spinning wheel on the new site, trying to search cruises. I read a tip on another thread here to delete your holland america cookie, and don't use a bookmark to get to the HAL site, just type it in the search window, and it worked! I got the old, usable site. Yay for now!:)

Okay -- I am working on my old computer since my new one is visiting the Geek Squad for a few days.

I used IE 7 and typed in HAL -- I can look up any cruise -- still the old style -- no problems.

Then I went to Chrome -- used my bookmark for HAL -- still the old style -- no problems.

Didn't have to clean up any cookies and everything worked fine.

I think you'll continue getting the old site as long as you don't delete your cookies. I use Firefox, and foolishly got rid of all my HAL cookies after reading this thread, and now I get the new site :(

The new site is too showy and Java-dependent, which means you have to use the mouse for many things you used to be able use the keyboard.

Progress is not necessarily an improvement.

Well, went to Chrome, the little circle just spins when I pulled the site up from a bookmark. Nothing. Sent feedback that the site stunk, or was not working.

Closed that out, went to IE, it opened fine with the "old website".... but not from a bookmark.

Went back to Chrome, deleted my bookmark, just googled Holland America, and the new website came up fine. Set a new bookmark. Seems to work now.

But I am like some others, I don't care for the new version. All the cruise lines have these screwy websites now, it drives a person nutty.

Does anyone who designs these websites for these travel companies ever use them? I just wonder.........

However, I noticed the new website has something at the end that is new in the web address on Chrome:

www.hollandamerica.com/en_US.html

However, I still am getting the old site on IE...and when I plug in the new address above, it takes me to the old website. Weird.

Maybe some computer expert out there can explain all that. I just don't know!

Edited by Irish Eyes Are Sailing

I'm still getting the "old" website when I visit HAL online, so don't know what's going on? I know this issue was discussed in another forum thread here today, linked below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2615003&highlight=new+website

I still get the old site as well.

Me too. Nothing has changed here, I have the site bookmarked and no problems.

Edited to add that DH is getting the new site. He doesn't have his bookmarked as I do...

Edited by Cruising-along

Totally dislike the new site. Can't get all the information about a cruise on one page. Can't get the intinerary on one list. Can't get the room rates across like before. Horrible to navigate.

I did the feedback thing and told them it stinks. Maybe if enough people complain they will make changes....we can only hope!

Can't find where all my past info is, ie. cruise days, etc. I hate change.

I went on my usual Firefox and got the old site without issues, then I tried on Chrome (which I don't use often). I got the new site, and also could not find cruise days, etc. There is an "Already Booked" tab that has Mariner Society, but it just explains the different levels, it doesn't take you to a page with your own information on it.

While I'm not averse to change, I much prefer the old site, as it contained more pertinent information for me.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I got the new site, and also could not find cruise days, etc. There is an "Already Booked" tab that has Mariner Society, but it just explains the different levels, it doesn't take you to a page with your own information on it.
If you are logged in, http://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount shows some of your personal info, but not your cruise history. :(

If you are logged in, www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount shows some of your personal info, but not your cruise history.

I know, I'm hoping they'll be adding that to the site; it would be a pain having to call the Mariner Department every time you'd like to refer back to a sailing or to check the number of days you have.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I know, I'm hoping they'll be adding that to the site; it would be a pain having to call the Mariner Department every time you'd like to refer back to a sailing or to check the number of days you have. :)
Yep! I've saved a copy of the way it is now in case it never comes back. We're just barely into 4*, and it's very unlikely we'll ever make 5*, so the Mariner credits are pretty meaningless from now on anyway.

I received this response from HAL today about my question regarding how to access past cruise information on the new website:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your cruise history. We are pleased to send you your cruise history records. You will find them attached. Unfortunately our website currently does not have the ability to display this information so at this time but we are more than happy to send it t you anytime you need it.

Holland America Line hopes reviewing your history will bring back fond memories. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at www.hollandamerica.com. We thank you for your continued patronage!

Kind Regards,

Gregory

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

Hopefully this will change soon. I can't imagine HAL wants a continual barrage of emails requesting updates. :eek: