Who would you have picked for NS Godmother?

haladdict

Honestly, even before I saw this thread, when I read who the godmother of the new ship is, I thought about who I would have picked instead.

I really think I would have gone with a random number draw and picked out a Mariner Number and offered the honor (and a cruise) to that Mariner.

Definitely would not have picked the Duchess of Success.

I would not have chosen Oprah.

Doing some research, Queen Máxima would have been a better choice. Not Dutch by birth (but is now a citizen), multilingual, was educated in more than one country, and has lived in multiple countries.

I have no Dutch heritage, but I do enjoy sailing with HAL.

I would not have chosen Oprah.

Doing some research, Queen Máxima would have been a better choice. Not Dutch by birth (but is now a citizen), multilingual, was educated in more than one country, and has lived in multiple countries.

I have no Dutch heritage, but I do enjoy sailing with HAL.

Isn't she already godmother of the Koningsdam?

I don't get the big deal about Oprah being picked for Godmother. Other Godmother's were Debbie Reynolds, June Allyson, and the Olsen twins. Why were they better choices than Oprah?? If anything, Oprah is a better choice - a self made, strong woman. That said, I don't really care who they pick as it affects my cruising not at all.

I would have picked Lori Laughlin ("Full House" and "When Calls the Heart") because she's "related" to the Olsen twins who christened an earlier HAL ship and because she has had an amazingly long and clean career and has a sweet, nonpolitical public persona. I'd like to sail with her!

If you don't like Oprah,as the NS Godmother, who would you pick?

I would pick Meghan Markle, who is now The Duchess of Sussex. The cruise would sell out in a flash, especially if husband came too.

Sandra

Janet Lanterman, she and her husband Kirk have done so much for Hal...

Nikki Haley. Nicole Kidman. Angela Jolie for US female celebrities, but prefer running through the Dutch royal family first. They actually chose to sail on HAL ships- what a great concept. Pick a ship godmother who actually has some connection with ships, tourism travel and cruising.

Janet Lanterman, she and her husband Kirk have done so much for Hal...

Oops, Mrs. Lanterman is already godmother of the Ms. Amsterdam, my next vote would go to Princes Amalia, daughter of Queen Maxima.

Boy, Holland America is really running with this whole Oprah thing, aren't they?

I'd pick Melania Trump to be the godmother of the Nieuw Statendam. In my opinion, Mrs. Trump has grace & style, and she would not try to make the occasion all about her.

Melania is the godmother of NCL Jewel. Once someone has been picked by one line, do other lines still consider them?

Human rights advocate Boris Dittirch, who was knighted by the Queen in the Netherlands.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.