Snorkeling that is close to the pier.

ACruisingWeWillgo

Looking for a place to snorkel that is close to the pier in Bonaire. We can walk 20 - 30 minutes.

Hop on water taxi and within 20 minutes you'll be at the the one of the best spot in Caribbean to snorkel.

Klein Bonaire is by far our favorite spot.

If you go to Klein Bonaire - it IS fantastic snorkeling! - be aware that there are absolutely NO facilities whatever there. They may have jugs of water and there's a little "shelter" for waiting for the taxi, but that's it. Also, no shade at all. It's a great drift snorkel, though, if you have your own equipment.

If you decide you want to go on a boat, I highly recommend Dee at Woodwind. We've gone with them three times - my husband refuses to go with anyone else. They have all the equipment - even wetsuits - and Dee is terrific with making sure the equipment is right for you (even if it's your own), that you're completely comfortable, etc. etc. It's not that expensive for what you get and is very close to the pier. They use a small boat, maybe about 20 people (?), so it's not a "party" boat at all.

:D

If you're looking to snorkel at a place that has nice amenities, you can walk to Plaza Resort. It's been my favorite snorkel spor for years. My daughter and her husband were visiting and we snorkeled at Thousand Steps, and Divi Flamingo, Spice Beach, Coco beach, then near the end of their stay we went to Plaza Resort. The fish there are just incredible, she barely got waist deep and was surrounded by colorful fish as she entered the water. He husband said it was incredible and he's tough to impress. They charge a $10 day fee, but it was better than paying $5 for a chair at Coco beach or Spice beach because it includes a drink and it's a more secluded and beautiful place. Bathrooms, a beach bar, beach tennis, great snorkeling all an easy 15 minute walk from port.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're looking to snorkel at a place that has nice amenities, you can walk to Plaza Resort. It's been my favorite snorkel spor for years. My daughter and her husband were visiting and we snorkeled at Thousand Steps, and Divi Flamingo, Spice Beach, Coco beach, then near the end of their stay we went to Plaza Resort. The fish there are just incredible, she barely got waist deep and was surrounded by colorful fish as she entered the water. He husband said it was incredible and he's tough to impress. They charge a $10 day fee, but it was better than paying $5 for a chair at Coco beach or Spice beach because it includes a drink and it's a more secluded and beautiful place. Bathrooms, a beach bar, beach tennis, great snorkeling all an easy 15 minute walk from port.

Do you have directions on how to get there?

• 2 months later...