Mah Jongg Sets Onboard Queen Victoria?

jeno

Has anyone aboard the Q.V. seen if they have Mah Jongg sets onboard? If not, I’ll bring my own and leave it onboard when I disembark. They are heavy and a little expensive, so it would be much easier if they had them on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping there will be a mah jongg set on the QM2 for my October crossing. Before I learned to play I recall someone checking one out from the front desk on Celebrity, so one might be available that way. Nine sea days last on Seabourn last fall with mah jongg every day. They had three sets in the card room.

Much more portable:

Yellow Mountain Imports American Mah Jongg (Mahjong, Mah Jong, Mahjongg, Mah-Jongg, Majiang) Playing Cards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031ATWXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JL0cBb8PEHPBQ

I do have a set of these that I haven’t used. I have four regular Mah Jongg sets. One is my original and I like the other three much better. I also have my eye on another set. My current plan is to bring my original set (we are driving to the port) and leaving it on the ship when we disembark in Auckland. Then all I have to do is find three other players for the month I’m on the ship.

Thanks for the thought. I’ll bring the cards along, too.

I do have a set of these that I haven’t used. I have four regular Mah Jongg sets. One is my original and I like the other three much better. I also have my eye on another set. My current plan is to bring my original set (we are driving to the port) and leaving it on the ship when we disembark in Auckland. Then all I have to do is find three other players for the month I’m on the ship.

Thanks for the thought. I’ll bring the cards along, too.

Hey Jeno,

I learnt Mahjong at school...(many many many years ago) used to love the odd ping and pong, but very rusty!

Looking forward to some laughs and reminiscences though over a drink or two. How are your NZ plans coming, let me know if I can do any research or offer any advise.....roscoe

Hey Jeno,

I learnt Mahjong at school...(many many many years ago) used to love the odd ping and pong, but very rusty!

Looking forward to some laughs and reminiscences though over a drink or two. How are your NZ plans coming, let me know if I can do any research or offer any advise.....roscoe

Sounds like fun, Roscoe! Looking forward to seeing you. We are still working on our NZ plans, but have the framework of a good trip, we think. Arriving Auckland 2/23 and leaving from Dunedin on 4/2 with many stops in between. Now we need to go back through and fine tune what we are doing.

Sounds like fun, Roscoe! Looking forward to seeing you. We are still working on our NZ plans, but have the framework of a good trip, we think. Arriving Auckland 2/23 and leaving from Dunedin on 4/2 with many stops in between. Now we need to go back through and fine tune what we are doing.

looking forward to seeing you again and showing you the changes here in the City of Sails...r