How do I get Refunded For Medical Cancelation?

Cruisepugs

I had to cancel our Celebrity Cruise for medical reasons. I bought the insurance which is through Celebrity and called AON, but I am still not clear how to get a refund. The documents are a bit vague. What exactly do I need to submit for a full refund for both of us? Anyone with experience with this and AON insurance or am I out of luck?

No idea about AON, but when I had to cancel a cruise due to a knee replacement, I needed a doctor’s letter, which stated that it was not a pre existing condition when we booked.

Edited by upwarduk

I found their website pretty easy to follow. Here's the link:

https://www.aontravelclaim.com/#/home

There are forms to print out, including one that needs to be completed and signed by the doctor. You then submit all the forms to the address they give you and be prepared to wait and follow up with phone calls if necessary. If the medical condition meets their definition of 'pre-existing' you may not get a refund.

I had to cancel our Celebrity Cruise for medical reasons. I bought the insurance which is through Celebrity and called AON, but I am still not clear how to get a refund. The documents are a bit vague. What exactly do I need to submit for a full refund for both of us? Anyone with experience with this and AON insurance or am I out of luck?

First of all let me tell you how sorry I am that you have had to cancel your cruise on account of illness. We had to cancel in March and I am still upset about missing our lovely cruise.

We also used:

https://www.aontravelclaim.com/#/home

We found Aon totally easy to deal with once the documents were all sent. We also had to have a Dr fill out a form. We got every penny back and believe me there were a lot of them since it was a 30 day cruise. Good luck to you and I hope you are soon feeling better.:)

I understand since we purchased the insurance first day that it then covers any pre-existing conditions, am I correct? Thanks for any info, don't mean to hi-jack your thread...

You need to check the fine print of your policy as to whether or not pre existing conditions are covered. It should not be taken as read that they are covered as each company has different criteria. On our policy for example we have to declare all our pre existing conditions and pay a premium to get them covered. Failure to declare pre existing conditions may render a claim invalid or in the worse case scenario void a policy

We encountered the same situation several months ago, had to cancel three days prior to cruise. The most important document you need to submit is the letter from the doctor, and the second important letter is one from Celebrity detailing what you paid and what credits they provided, which includes the port fees and taxes. Celebrity issued our credit within days without us having to even request it. I contacted the Captains club and they assisted in providing the letter detailing the charges and credits, they indicated this was a regular request they deal with. The email letter from Celebrity came within an hour. I filed everything online, but it still took a month to get reimbursed.

I understand since we purchased the insurance first day that it then covers any pre-existing conditions, am I correct? Thanks for any info, don't mean to hi-jack your thread...

I've never been able to find that the Celebrity Insurance covers pre-existing conditions at all. When I read the policy for my state there is a mention of what the pre-existing conditions waiver means but nothing about how to get a pre-existing condition waiver. Possibly the waiver is available in other jurisdictions.