11 Day Scandi Cruise- Princess Cruises

hi everyone, i did post in the Princess section but i was told try here for any other suggestions, cheers.

we have an 11 night Scandinavian cruise on the Regal Princess, booked from 20 august to 31 august, has anyone been on this ship/ done a similar cruise to these places. We are looking for cool shore tours worth doing...

1 day in Tallinn, Estonia,

2 days St Peters-burg, Russia

1 day in Stockholm, Sweden

1 day in Helsinki, Finland

1 day in Copenhagen, Denmark

1day in Oslo, Norway

finish in the am at Warnemudne, Germany

anyone got any awesoeme suggestions for what/where to do

In St. Petersburg, if you are American, you will need to either get a visa or sign up with a private company for a tour or take a ship tour. Please don't take a ship tour, since you don't have much time to see all the amazing sites in St. Petersburg and you don't want to spend your time in a large group with someone who will delay the departure since they're late. Alla, SPB, Best Guides and other companies are well established and will get you back to the ship on time.

In the other cities, there are lots of great options, depending upon your interests. We were able to easily tour everywhere but St. Petersburg on our own, and we had a 3 year old in tow, thanks to the amazing public transportation systems everywhere in Scandinavia and Germany.

I'd recommend looking at the standard ship tours, and seeing what they do you are most interested in and you can easily duplicate their tours on your own. Also, please double check whether you are docking directly in stockholm or in Nyanashamn. The public transport to Stockholm is doable on your own, but you might want a tour if you are in Nyanshamn to make it a little easier - that's a judgment call. It's really easy to tour Stockholm on your own if you are docking directly in the city center. My signature line says what we did, but we had a 3 year old so there was a combination of family activities and standard tours so I'm not sure I'm the best person to advise you. Many people also use the Rick Steve's Northern Europe cruise book to narrow down their choices.

hi everyone, i did post in the Princess section but i was told try here for any other suggestions, cheers.

we have an 11 night Scandinavian cruise on the Regal Princess, booked from 20 august to 31 august, has anyone been on this ship/ done a similar cruise to these places. We are looking for cool shore tours worth doing...

1 day in Tallinn, Estonia,

2 days St Peters-burg, Russia

1 day in Stockholm, Sweden

1 day in Helsinki, Finland

1 day in Copenhagen, Denmark

1day in Oslo, Norway

finish in the am at Warnemudne, Germany

anyone got any awesoeme suggestions for what/where to do

We have a similar cruise on NCL minus Oslo. For SPB we have booked a private tour with TJ tours, ALLA and Best Tours are also popular.

Stockholm we booked a ships tour going to vasa museum and then free time, as our boat docks far from town.

For Warnemudne we booked with Friends of Dave, https://www.fodtours.com/

Supposed to be great, but fills up fast so need to book right away (and I’d love to get the referral credit if you do!! 😀)

Other ports we’ll manage on our own

For your day in Stockholm you will either berth one hour from Stockholm in Nynäshamn or

you will berth in central Stockholm but will have a much shorter day.

Both Princess cruises and NCL advertise it as Stockholm but most of their cruises will berth in Nynäshamn.

This looks like your Roll Call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2454551

I suggest checking there. Fellow passengers may already have private tours set up and are looking for people to share with them

As previously mentioned, definitely get yourself hooked up with a tour so you don't have to go through the trouble and expense of getting a Russian visa and check out a non-ship tour in SPB to get a better tour than the ship will offer. Lots of good companies to choose from.

And several of them offer tours in several Baltic POC and offer a discount if you book more than one.