re meat pies

There is actually a drink machine outside my room $1.30 a can, so not doing too bad. Then Mrs Gut is going t bring me some in.

The other thing that reminds me of being on a cruise is the internet speed.

LOL, at least it is free.:D

If I wanted to build my own breakfast, I would have done that at home. This deconstructed meal fad better move on quickly.

Mmmm

This deconstructed fad has still a way to go.

Had a deconstructed Pavlova once, pav, cream, fruit.

Said to Mrs Gut, what’s next, eggs and sugar together with unwhipped cream and pieces of fruit you then hager to cook it from scratch.

Just imagine deconstructed omelette.

Yum I love chicken mornay, a bakery up here used to do;it as a pie.

And I guess it needed to be soft for your throat after all the cutting around the area.

I packed and delivered a lot of chicken mornays and tuna mornays today doing Wheels on Meals. Mornay meals are good for those with no teeth or throat issues.

www.eurobodallamealsonwheels.com

More than just a meal.

Better than my hospital menu.

Chicken mornay— several times. With extra soft vegetables.

I hate mornay.

Also extra doses of steroids to stop my throat from swelling closed.

Good luck with the hospital stuff mate, I did not know you were in.:halo:

I packed and delivered a lot of chicken mornays and tuna mornays today doing Wheels on Meals. Mornay meals are good for those with no teeth or throat issues.

www.eurobodallamealsonwheels.com

More than just a meal.

Send some my way Les, the food here is pretty good but the serving sizes leave a bit to be desired.

You might guess by my handle, and those who have met me will confirm, I’m not a little boy but the so called large serves are.

Send some my way Les, the food here is pretty good but the serving sizes leave a bit to be desired.

You might guess by my handle, and those who have met me will confirm, I’m not a little boy but the so called large serves are.

Even though I am a Director of MOW, I doubt our Manager will pay my fuel costs to your location, sorry mate, you will just have to dream.:(

Good luck with the hospital stuff mate, I did not know you were in.:halo:

Thanks Uncle Les.

The surgery and particular nasty stuff was late August.

Unfortunately, some of the throat issues remain and I have to go to an ENT for someone to have a look.

Antarctica not able to be booked, yet.

Thanks Uncle Les.

The surgery and particular nasty stuff was late August.

Unfortunately, some of the throat issues remain and I have to go to an ENT for someone to have a look.

Antarctica not able to be booked, yet.

Good luck with the throat stuff mate, seems a not uncommon side effect of that type of op. Hope it starts to improve so you can get back on real tucker fast.

I have been showing my extended family my photobook from my Antarctica/South Georgia/Falklands trip last November-December. Everyone was 'blown away'.

For anyone considering a trip, I strongly advise taking a trip that includes South Georgia. I wanted to go to the Falklands also because of their history, but I suggest this could be left off unless you have a particular interest. South Georgia is incredible with several colonies of King Penguins with 300,000 - 400,000 birds. This is what I really wanted to see and it exceeded my expectations. In Antarctica itself we saw small colonies of Chinstrap, Adelie and Gentoo penguins as well as different species of seals.

Apologies if this is considered 'off topic' but I think this thread covers a lot of different topics.

I have been showing my extended family my photobook from my Antarctica/South Georgia/Falklands trip last November-December. Everyone was 'blown away'.

For anyone considering a trip, I strongly advise taking a trip that includes South Georgia. I wanted to go to the Falklands also because of their history, but I suggest this could be left off unless you have a particular interest. South Georgia is incredible with several colonies of King Penguins with 300,000 - 400,000 birds. This is what I really wanted to see and it exceeded my expectations. In Antarctica itself we saw small colonies of Chinstrap, Adelie and Gentoo penguins as well as different species of seals.

Apologies if this is considered 'off topic' but I think this thread covers a lot of different topics.

Teal us about the penguin pie (even if there was none) and then it’s on topic

But the trip sounds fantastic, just wish I could ge5 one from Aus, still. I’d love to do Antarctica but with Mrs Gut’s no fly rule??????

Mostly annoying, but some issues of concern. At least it is better than not being able to swallow water, as happened in the hospital. That got some attention.

As Gut said, it is common after this surgery — ACDF for those playing along at home. However, it does not usually last long. Odd thing is that they do not know what actually causes it.

I can eat my pies and pasties. Just the thicker parts of the pastry get left behind.

Antarctica is off because I couldn’t swallow the penguin pies for now. Too much gristle.

We didn't get penguin pies, but we were served pemmican at the 'Shackleton dinner'. Pemmican is a tinned meat mixture that Antarctic explorers used. It is based on a traditional Eskimo recipe, but sometimes with the addition of vegetables to prevent scurvy. I have to report that (like Crocodile Dundee said about witchetty grubs) "You can live on this stuff, but it tastes like sh.." Maybe for environmental reasons, we were not served penguin, either as steaks or as pies.

I was on the Ocean Endeavour operated by Quark. There were only 194 passengers with 24 expedition staff (like cruise staff on a cruise ship). The food was nearly as good as on the cruise ships I have been on. I say "nearly" because there were not so many choices. I think there were two options on each course for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were buffet-style with several or many options. I know that the luxury cruise lines serve wine with meals, but it isn't what I am used to on our mainstream cruiselines. On the Ocean Endeavour we had unlimited wine served with dinner. When I say unlimited, I mean that. After a few large glasses, I had to hold my hand over the glass to indicate I had had enough. Every night, when I asked, the sommelier told us where the wine was from. The company didn't buy just a bulk load of red and a bulk load of white! :D

Teal us about the penguin pie (even if there was none) and then it’s on topic

But the trip sounds fantastic, just wish I could ge5 one from Aus, still. I’d love to do Antarctica but with Mrs Gut’s no fly rule??????

Puffin pie would be yum scrum, not sure about if a penguin Pie would fly.

Now I know, seen it. Must be run by thieves @ $6.50 for a dogs eye, 50 centavos for horse I suppose, so make it a round $7. :rolleyes::eek:

And one pie doesn't really fill the void does it? I'd still be hungry.

Cheers

Edited by banzaii