independence cruise To Norway question about ice show and grease

Hi all travelling for the first time on any Royal Caribbean ship on 28th July with my husband, adult daughter and teen son, am so excited to be going on the Independence and have been looking at all that is offered on the ship and wondering how to cram it in to an 8 day cruise with 5 ports!

I wanted to ask if you need to book Grease and the ice show in advance as have heard that you do but cannot seem to do this in cruise personaliser. Is it just a case of get to the show as early as possible to get a seat? I know this was the case when we went with p&o and celebrity. Any must do tips for first timers on Independence would be most helpful, we also love spa treatments, do you get offers for these put through the cabin door as with the other ships? I might treat myself with my onboard credit! Thanks in advance for any answers

Unless things have changed over the very recent dry dock you can’t book seats for shows in the theatre - it’s a question of getting there early-ish to secure a seat. Grease is very popular but will be shown 2-3 times.

Regarding the ice shows - when I sailed on Indy last year they do a ticket hand out for seats - this is advertised in the Cruise Compass (daily newsletter) - and there will probably be 2 different ice shows each shown a couple of times.

I’ve not used the spa but I think they do discounts on some port days (for those staying onboard) and they usually deliver offer leaflets to your stateroom.

I hope that helps. Norway is beautiful so enjoy

So Independence is literally just back from a refurbishment, so we'll be finding out soon what has changed.........

But last time we sailed, they used a paper ticket/voucher system for all of the shows. Grab a “Cruise Compass” (daily activity guide) when you board, it'll let you know when and where to pick up tickets. TIP: Make sure you arrive at least 15 mins early, as normally they let anyone into the venue 10 mins before the show starts....

Thank you for the quick replies Roofire and Sarah! I will grab the guide onboard and see what’s what, the ship looks amazing, see there is lazer quest, slides, escape room etc so my children will be very happy. I am just looking forward to the food the beautiful views (and the shows)

Have booked the offer on the drinks package that is currently on so I am getting organised slowly but surely!

Last time I was on Indy, tickets for ice show were handed out at designated times. It's worth keeping a look out for when and where these are (will be printed in cruise compass).

Also look out for the parade in the promenade. It's really good.

Thank you for the quick replies Roofire and Sarah! I will grab the guide onboard and see what’s what, the ship looks amazing, see there is lazer quest, slides, escape room etc so my children will be very happy. I am just looking forward to the food the beautiful views (and the shows)

Have booked the offer on the drinks package that is currently on so I am getting organised slowly but surely!

Hi Starshell. I see this has been answered already. This will be our third time on Indy. The Cruise compass will be in your stateroom daily, which will detail the timings of both Show times (Greece) and the ice shows. Usually with the ice shows they do two sittings and hand out these tickets on a “First come first serve” basis. Usually also it’s early in the morning around 8am for tickets, so recommend queuing and securing yours. With regards the changes on Indy, my wife and I (Also two children) are extremely disappointed to see that RCI Rae actually charging for a lot of these additional things. What I have read/know so far. Fish & Ships there is charges around $4 -$8 and panic room is $19 each and you have to be over 14yrs. Not sure about Skypad or laser tag as yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks rmckenner

8am :o good job I’m an early bird! Yes I saw that the escape room is extra, doesn’t seem a lot but does add up for a family of 4 and I think I would begrudge paying for fish and chips when we can get them for less at home!

My son is 14 so will need to check he is old enough for the escape room, he’s the brains of the family so would not do it without him.

Thanks for your reply, I’ve been looking at the pictures of the refit on the face book page and feel like a kid before Christmas