Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

I am booked on the Summit to Bermuda in June. 1st time with Celebrity. I booked 2 weeks ago. I have not received an offer to bid on an upgrade. Does everyone get an offer to bid? Will I have one coming?

Thanks.

I am booked on the Summit to Bermuda in June. 1st time with Celebrity. I booked 2 weeks ago. I have not received an offer to bid on an upgrade. Does everyone get an offer to bid? Will I have one coming?

Thanks.

No, not everyone gets a MoveUp Bid e-mail. Mine said it was select individuals and not everyone on my roll call got one. Not sure how they pick.

No. You get to keep whatever you have on your current reservation. In your case, you still keep the Go Best. They terms state you just don't get anything additional that might be offered for that cabin class.

So according to this you wouldn't get to eat in Luminae or go in Michael's club if you moved from Aqua to a Sky Suite?

I don't think so. What would be the point?

No. You get to keep whatever you have on your current reservation. In your case, you still keep the Go Best. They terms state you just don't get anything additional that might be offered for that cabin class.

So are you saying the terms say if you are in a CS and upgrade to a RS/PH you wouldn't get the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of spirits etc??? That seems strange. I can see them not offering extra CC points as that has been the policy with reduced cost upgrades for the last few years.

So are you saying the terms say if you are in a CS and upgrade to a RS/PH you wouldn't get the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of spirits etc??? That seems strange. I can see them not offering extra CC points as that has been the policy with reduced cost upgrades for the last few years.

I don't know but here is the language from the terms and conditions:

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

So according to this you wouldn't get to eat in Luminae or go in Michael's club if you moved from Aqua to a Sky Suite?

I don't think so. What would be the point?

It does seem pointless but here is the terminology from the terms and conditions. How do you decipher this?

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

It does seem pointless but here is the terminology from the terms and conditions. How do you decipher this?

I read it that you wouldn’t get all 4 perks that you would normally get with suites. I think you would get Luminae and Michaels access.

I received an email today for my upcoming Bermuda cruise on May 27th. I’m booked in a sky suite. The bidding starts at $1000 per person for a CS, RS or PH. I’m happy in my sky suite but wondering why this is an offer at all. I looked on the website and it looks like only an RS is available. Hmmmm.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possibly the scenario would work that someone in the CS bids for upgrade to RS or PS. They get accepted then their cabin is available for the next bidder in the pool

We are in the same situation bubba. Two AC rooms, and actually only one offer to MoveUp. We're on the June 8 sail.

Seems to us like we'd be eating in Blu with our friends if we upgrade (since Suite guest eat anywhere if i'm not mistaken).

Careful here. I think Suite pax can only access Blu on a space available basis.

Good sailing!

Careful here. I think Suite pax can only access Blu on a space available basis.

Good sailing!

You are correct.... i think they did say it was based on availability. We never had any trouble getting in, but you never know, every sailing is different.

I'm sailing on Summit at the end of the month and received an offer. The cruise is really close to being sold out with only one Royal Suite left, no Aqua, no Concierge. The Move Up allowed me to bid on Sky, Celebrity and Royal suites. Sky started at 500/pp, CS at 1000, and RS st 1500. Seems a little ridiculous. When we booked, which was only about a month ago, Suite Guarantee was less than $1000 more than what we paid for our Aqua cabin. Sounds like it's intended for pyschological impulse buys. Sort of like candy and coke in the check out lane. Yet, my cruise may be unique. Others may find bargains if a cruise has a lot of availablity and they can accurately recall the pricing of other categories at their time of booking to compare the offer. Recalling this pricing is important.

What is your current class/category? I'm A1 on Summit June 27 sailing. Just got the email. It says minimum bids are sky suite 400, celebrity suite 600, royal suite 900.

What is your current class/category? I'm A1 on Summit June 27 sailing. Just got the email. It says minimum bids are sky suite 400, celebrity suite 600, royal suite 900.

Do you think they reduced the bids if no one took the first offers, as your minimums are less than the other poster?

I read it that you wouldn’t get all 4 perks that you would normally get with suites. I think you would get Luminae and Michaels access.

Luminae and Michael's club are specific benefits for certain categories. I certainly would not expect that those are included with one of these upgrades (as unreasonable as that appears).

Luminae and Michael's club are specific benefits for certain categories. I certainly would not expect that those are included with one of these upgrades (as unreasonable as that appears).

Got the email and bid access yesterday. Winning sky suite bids obtain:

Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Sky Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of a personal butler throughout your stay. Plus enjoy a private restaurant and exclusive lounge reserved just for suite guests.

• Bathroom with full tub/shower
  • Private, spacious veranda
  • Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge
  • Personal butler throughout your cruise
  • All other suite class services and amenities
  • Size: 300 sq. ft. plus 79 sq. ft. veranda
  • Spacious room, sleeps up to 4

Got the email and bid access yesterday. Winning sky suite bids obtain:

Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Sky Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of a personal butler throughout your stay. Plus enjoy a private restaurant and exclusive lounge reserved just for suite guests.

• Bathroom with full tub/shower
  • Private, spacious veranda
  • Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge
  • Personal butler throughout your cruise
  • All other suite class services and amenities
  • Size: 300 sq. ft. plus 79 sq. ft. veranda
  • Spacious room, sleeps up to 4

Thanks for posting this info. It finally puts to rest the question of Luminae and Michael's Club access in this upgrade program.

That's a much better offer compared to mine. I'm on an Equinox sailing, but my offer was $1000 for a Royal and $1,000 for a Penthouse. My current cabin is a Celebrity Suite. Your royal was less from an A1 as mine was more from a CS.

I did not take the offer. I did think the Penthouse wasn't bad if you could get it for 1,000/pp, but I don't need to spend any more. I'm perfectly happy with what we have.

Also on that cruise, but have not received any "move up" offer. As I said earlier I don't expect one.

I just received my Move Up offer for the June 16th sailing. I'm already in aqua class so my offers started at $500 for a sky suite.

Are these upgrade amounts per person or cabin total?

I just received my Move Up offer for the June 16th sailing. I'm already in aqua class so my offers started at $500 for a sky suite.

From what I've read here, you won't get the 4 perks...just what you are already getting in your aqua cabin. Will you be welcome to dine in Luminae and michael's club?