Sea day activities

simonpjd

We are on Aurora in September crossing the pond there and back with lots of New England and Canada ports as well. So this means around 5 sea days each way, which is a lot for P&O. So do they put on extra activities, like bridge lessons or water colour courses. Something a bit extra because of all the sea days.

Having just had 35 nights on QM2 Cunard are very good at this with all sorts of goodies. Do P&O match them.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on Aurora in September crossing the pond there and back with lots of New England and Canada ports as well. So this means around 5 sea days each way, which is a lot for P&O. So do they put on extra activities, like bridge lessons or water colour courses. Something a bit extra because of all the sea days.

Having just had 35 nights on QM2 Cunard are very good at this with all sorts of goodies. Do P&O match them.

Thank you.

Certainly bridge lessons and competition play, better and more speakers, on TA’s we have had one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Craft/Art classes seem very popular now on Oriana last week and on Ventura in January. The choir is becoming very popular with over the hundred mark on some ships. Then there are the usual quizzes, deck games etc.

On longer cruises (over 14 days), there are hosted Bridge and Whist sessions, art classes and talks/lectures on various subjects. The quality and enjoyment of these varies according to teachers and guest speakers. Some are much better than others.

On all cruises there is non-hosted card sessions, organised deck game (shuffleboard and deck quoits), quizzes, dance lessons (usually ballroom, taught by professionals) salsa and line dancing, taught by a member of the Entertainment Team or by a member of the residential Theatre troupe. Choir singing, corsage making, films etc etc etc.

We did the round trip two christmas’s ago. Between us, we partook in the choir, watercolour classes (excellent), talks, quizzes, line dancing (there was also salsa fitness each day too) we were never bored. There was a lot more offered too, but we often had to choose between options. There were loads more activities offered than on any of our 1-2 week cruises. I would post some Horizons, but we’re currently between selling and buying a house, so I think they’re in the storage unit! Watercolour classes were held twice a day (repeated) I remember there were bridge or whist lessons (can't remember which, sorry) I am not sure P&O will be as good as Cunard though from what I’ve read. We had no craft classes, but there were craft and knitting meet ups (take your own) each day. I’d have liked to have seen hosted craft sessions offered, as I’ve seen on other lines.

Certainly bridge lessons and competition play, better and more speakers, on TA’s we have had one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Craft/Art classes seem very popular now on Oriana last week and on Ventura in January. The choir is becoming very popular with over the hundred mark on some ships. Then there are the usual quizzes, deck games etc.

Hi Dai, Great too see that you are still enjoying your cruising. Doug and I were often with you enjoying the snacks on Crown Princess last May.

We are going on Oriana at the 25th of June and could you tell me who the Captain will be and also if there is a choir and who is taking it? Looking forward to a nice relaxing time!!

Cheers;)

Hi Dai, Great too see that you are still enjoying your cruising. Doug and I were often with you enjoying the snacks on Crown Princess last May.

We are going on Oriana at the 25th of June and could you tell me who the Captain will be and also if there is a choir and who is taking it? Looking forward to a nice relaxing time!!

Cheers;)

Hi the pair of you. We have just come off and had Sarah Breton. Not sure how long she is on for.

Yes they did have a choir

Good to hear from you. We are on her again in October then we are back to Ventura. I do miss my chairman of the board. Although I do not think my liver does. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hi, the choir is usually led by Taff on the piano and two of the Headliners. Very enjoyable. Our Capt was Sarah Breton, but she kept flogging drinks and excursions which I don't think the Captain should do. Didn't see her around the ship at all. Have a great cruise.