Bergen - which terminal?

msk1955

I see that today Azura is docked at the

Jekteviken / Dokken terminal in Bergen. Does anyone know if P & O ships always dock there, or do they change? When docked in

Jekteviken / Dokken, there is a free shuttle bus provided. However, while some websites state that this drops passengers in the city centre, I have also been told that it only take you out of the terminal area and is a 30 second ride. Does anyone have experience of this? Thanks.

Jekteviken / Dokken terminal in Bergen. Does anyone know if P & O ships always dock there, or do they change? When docked in

Jekteviken / Dokken, there is a free shuttle bus provided. However, while some websites state that this drops passengers in the city centre, I have also been told that it only take you out of the terminal area and is a 30 second ride. Does anyone have experience of this? Thanks.

If you are unlucky and are out at the above dock then there is a shuttle and it takes you to the park in the city centre. However the best dock is the one just at the end of the peninsula beyond the Bryggen area about a 5 to 10 minute walk.

Today there are 4 ships in and I think Azura is the biggest although last time we were there it was on Britannia and we had the walkable berth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Earlier this month we berthed at the walkable berth but two years ago it was the berth with the shuttle bus, both cruises on Britannia

I'm not sure if I can do links but if this works it's the link to one of the Bergen webcams. Wait until the camera turns to the far left and there are two ships where Britannia berthed this month which is the ideal berth.

https://www.bt.no/nyheter/i/Ja9Lm/Vagen

Of course the two ships will only be there for the next couples of hours or so.

The berth that is further away and requires a bus ride is in a container terminal and the port authorities won't let pax walk through because it is a busy industrial area. When we returned and got off the bus, hubby got shouted at by one of the port staff simply because he stepped a little to one side and stopped to take a photo.

The bus ride to the park in the centre was about 15 mins, IIRC, but the drop-off point is great because from there it is a short walk to Bryggen, the funicular, shops, etc.

I have been to Bergen several times. Can't remember which port we docked at or whether it was the same one each time. I took a shuttle on each occasion and found it to be well organised and convenient. It is a small town, easy to get around and the shuttle drop is central and easy to locate.

IMO, not worth worrying too much about which port the ship will dock at.

I have been to Bergen several times. Can't remember which port we docked at or whether it was the same one each time. I took a shuttle on each occasion and found it to be well organised and convenient. It is a small town, easy to get around and the shuttle drop is central and easy to locate.

IMO, not worth worrying too much about which port the ship will dock at.

Sorry I disagree. The container port where you can’t walk through for health and safety reasons means that everyone has to get the shuttle. This results in ridiculously long queues and a sometimes lengthy wait if you are on a larger ship.

IMO the walkable berths make for a much nicer experience.

Once there the town is however just lovely and easy to navigate as you say.

We were in Bergen on Thursday and had to use the shuttle bus. There were no queues whatsoever and the process both ways was really smooth.Our ship was pretty full too.

Just to add to the above as we too were in Bergen that day. Contrary to other posts the shuttle bus went from the dock to the port gates not the park although that was what some on our bus were expecting. It was a 10 min walk to the fish market following the route marked on a map collected at the port gate. The ship did sell a tour named "Bergen on your own" which took you to the town centre but I have no details about it. The bus and the walk were indeed smooth.