Empress of the Seas - Forward or Aft Ocean View Cabin?

DJan07

Hello everyone,

The newly released Empress of the Seas cruises this spring are priced quite well for a long weekend getaway! I'm in the process of booking now but could use some advice. I'm looking at unobstructed category I cabins, and my options on deck 7 are either forward or aft. These cabins, respectively, are above the Royal Theater and Lounge. I'm leaning towards either 7526 or 7166. Although Empress of the Seas hasn't been in the Royal Caribbean fleet for some time, does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thank you,

Derek

Edited by DJan07

Wife and I just booked Apr 25, in Cabin 7520. Had similar concerns with position over theater, but I think we should be fine. Looks like the cabin is not directly above the actual performing area, and even if it is, we only plan on sleeping in the cabin. The forward cabins and the aft cabins both look to be situated behind some kind of partition, therefore the view will be straight out, but not down or with much periphery(?). We felt the light was worth the extra price. Also, the cabins on 7 are listed as 206 sq ft, as opposed to much smaller OV cabins on lower decks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

The newly released Empress of the Seas cruises this spring are priced quite well for a long weekend getaway! I'm in the process of booking now but could use some advice. I'm looking at unobstructed category I cabins, and my options on deck 7 are either forward or aft. These cabins, respectively, are above the Royal Theater and Lounge. I'm leaning towards either 7526 or 7166. Although Empress of the Seas hasn't been in the Royal Caribbean fleet for some time, does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thank you,

Derek

We are book in a non-obstructed aft oceanview (7180) for the March 30th sailing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We have an ocean view on deck 8...it doesn't say it's obstructed but I heard we might be looking at the life boats? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is your cabin number? The first 8-10 cabins of the front starboard side and the last 8-10 on the rear port side are unobstructed ocean view. Those near the middle of the ship are obstructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is an obstructed view cabin. Will have some obstruction from a life boat, not sure how much. You will get daylight, and some area of view, just not a 180 degree out.

• 1 year later...

How was your CABIN on the 9th floor? We are heading to CUBA in a few weeks, and will be in CABIN #9664. How was your cabin? Noisy? More room? Ours is supposedly an F1 Oceanview with two windows, and third pullman bed near the far window?

We have an F-1 cabin on the 9th deck. Strange configuration, but hopefully more room. Anyone have experience in these cabins?

We were in cabin #9664 on Empress back in February. We loved it! It was my husband and I and our 2 college-aged daughters. The main part of the cabin is of average size for an outside, the little 'notch' was much bigger than we thought. There are two pullman beds in that section along with the second window. There is tons of floor space there too. The girls partially lived out of their suitcases (we were a bit short on storage space) since there was plenty of floor space for the suitcases. There is a heavy curtain dividing the main cabin from this pullman bed area. There was no noticeable noise and the location is perfect to get to the pool deck. We always get two cabins when we all cruise, but we got a great price on this back in February; wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to staying in this Cabin. Yay!!!!

We were in cabin #9664 on Empress back in February. We loved it! It was my husband and I and our 2 college-aged daughters. The main part of the cabin is of average size for an outside, the little 'notch' was much bigger than we thought. There are two pullman beds in that section along with the second window. There is tons of floor space there too. The girls partially lived out of their suitcases (we were a bit short on storage space) since there was plenty of floor space for the suitcases. There is a heavy curtain dividing the main cabin from this pullman bed area. There was no noticeable noise and the location is perfect to get to the pool deck. We always get two cabins when we all cruise, but we got a great price on this back in February; wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

gatlinburg directed me to this thread. I don't suppose you have any pics of 9664 do you? Thinking about booking this one for September.

:DPlease have your Hubby help you to upload us some of those recent photos since all I've seen is stock ones online. Is this one correct?cabinondeck.png68753-1473864025.JPG

I do have several photos on my phone. I'm not sure how to get them from my phone to here though :o. I will see if hubby can help me with that. It might take a day or two, but I will post them!

We've been in 8006 (RS), 7506 (twice) (OS), and 4 JS since August. We don't sail unless we have a balcony. Being able to change the air in the cabin is a huge benefit.

Get as far back as you can because the noise level from the pool deck and centrum when they do events will prevent you from sleeping in the JS. Seriously noisy.

The port side of the ship is smoking and the fumes will come down from deck 10 and also up from deck 6, so if you don't want to smell it, go to the starboard side.

Same with the rear - Deck 6 aft of Boleros is a cigar area and hot air rises.

The best rooms are the OS as they have that rare forward facing balcony that is huge. Only ones I know of that are forward facing. OS have lots of space. JS has minimal space, few drawers, but open shelves that are too short for anything. Only reason we do JS is for double points. We normally do suites but since Cuba opened up they went crazy in price ($11k for 5 nights) vice $2500 for a RS in 2016. We're on again in May for Cuba. JS because of the price.

You will hear theater noise on Deck 7 forward. But the suites make up for it. Reviews below:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=557793

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=550507

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=542422

Went on Empress 2 weeks after it's return to RCCl June 2016.... Our Jr. Suite was the size of balcony rooms on larger ships yet paid Jr suite prices.... The crew was inexperienced as to RCCL standards.... I hope it's better now..

:DPlease have your Hubby help you to upload us some of those recent photos since all I've seen is stock ones online. Is this one correct?cabinondeck.png68753-1473864025.JPG

Yes, that is the room. The windows aren't quite that clean, however. [emoji57] Will work today to post my photos of the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been in 8006 (RS), 7506 (twice) (OS), and 4 JS since August. We don't sail unless we have a balcony. Being able to change the air in the cabin is a huge benefit.

We are staying in 8006, this July for a cruise to Cuba. How was it the room? We are traveling with a group of 11 and hope to use the large for evening cocktail parties.

Thanks,

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

We loved #9664 on April 19th Cruise to Cuba/Costa Maya. PLENTY of room for us, and the two kids. Great location, and super quiet. Enjoy!!!!!

Following as we booked 9164 and 9664 for November as part of a larger group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums