Expensive Cruise Thread

It seems that on this board most of the discussions are about cruising on mainstream lines. The most popular thread is all about finding the cheapest cruises.

Why not go to the oppposite extreme.

What would be your dream cruise if money was no object?

Is anyone planning to throw caution to the winds and spend up big on a cruise in the near future? Let’s hear about your upcoming ventures or even your past indulgence in luxury.

Well for us it has to be Syd-Syd, so a World Cruise, but none of the luxury lines do it out of Sydney.

So something like this.

Syd-London

A few weeks in UK, INCLUDING a ed cruise, a fords cruise and a circuavgation of UK.

Then over to mainland for some time in a few cities including a river cruise.

Next a TA to East Coast USA

A few weeks on the East Coast

A Caribbean cruise while I’m there.

Then a Panama crossing.

(Not sure is I can manage it without flying but if I can sort Antarctica while I’m close I’d do that)

A few weeks on the west coast

Canada Alaska Cruise, and train

Trans Pacific back home.

I did price it out a few years ago and the cruise portion was about $75K ea for a Balcony on Princess/Celebrity/Cunard.

Not top luxury, but for anyone thinking of heading to Britain next year , how about a balcony cabin for a 37 night cruise on Sapphire Princess from Singapore to Southampton to arrive there next April. Around $10,000.00 each and at the moment incentives of OBC , and complimentary gratuities are being offered.

3 out of 4 of my polar trips cost over $50k each.

If money was no object I would do back to back Antarctica trips every year from Oct-Mar and some round the world cruises elsewhere in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WHich line do you use for your polar trips?

Well for us it has to be Syd-Syd, so a World Cruise, but none of the luxury lines do it out of Sydney.

So something like this.

Syd-London

A few weeks in UK, INCLUDING a ed cruise, a fords cruise and a circuavgation of UK.

Then over to mainland for some time in a few cities including a river cruise.

Next a TA to East Coast USA

A few weeks on the East Coast

A Caribbean cruise while I’m there.

Then a Panama crossing.

(Not sure is I can manage it without flying but if I can sort Antarctica while I’m close I’d do that)

A few weeks on the west coast

Canada Alaska Cruise, and train

Trans Pacific back home.

I did price it out a few years ago and the cruise portion was about $75K ea for a Balcony on Princess/Celebrity/Cunard.

Some of the luxury lines do sail from Sydney. I've often thought about getting on such a ship in Sydney and going to Asia before heading off to Europe.

But I can see the difficulty if you can't fly.

Nevertheless your solution to that problem looks ingenious.

Some of the luxury lines do sail from Sydney. I've often thought about getting on such a ship in Sydney and going to Asia before heading off to Europe.

But I can see the difficulty if you can't fly.

Nevertheless your solution to that problem looks ingenious.

Yes they sail from or to Sydney, rarely a round trip.

Though the one I want to do above is very reasonable priced even when I add in a few months on land.

If money was no object, I would cruise constantly but not necessarily on the same ship, jumping from line to line and ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary so as to explore every place and port worldwide. Obviously I would have everything included in the best suites possible.

If money was no object, I would cruise constantly but not necessarily on the same ship, jumping from line to line and ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary so as to explore every place and port worldwide. Obviously I would have everything included in the best suites possible.

Yep, except I’d be happy with a balcony, or maybe a mini suite.

Plus

• One excursion in each port
  • Unlimited free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
  • Alternative restaurant dining at no extra charge3
  • Access to top-rated spa & state-of-the-art fitness center
  • Self-service launderette available to all guests; laundry, dry cleaning, shoe shine and pressing available based on stateroom category
  • Port taxes and fees

Does any particular cruise line or itinerary interest you?

Plus

• One excursion in each port
  • Unlimited free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
  • Alternative restaurant dining at no extra charge3
  • Access to top-rated spa & state-of-the-art fitness center
  • Self-service launderette available to all guests; laundry, dry cleaning, shoe shine and pressing available based on stateroom category
  • Port taxes and fees

somewhere on CC there’s a chap doing the current world cruise on Viking and reviewing as he goes. I can’t say it would be my cup of tea, as Viking isn’t really a luxury brand.

This one if I had a spare $80,000 ( for two passengers)

GRAND NORTHWEST PASSAGE 30 NIGHTS

SEWARD TO MONTRÉAL

Seven Seas Navigator

I have seen a a similar cruise but for $25000. I am hoping to get out there one day(yn). There is also a Bering Strait cruise I would love to do and on the otherside of the equator there is a Wendell Sea cruise I keep my eye on. The last one is probably the most expensive per day, a 12 day cruise around West Papua for $20000:eek:. That one is definitely a pie in the sky dream:'), though I have seen the prices starting to drop so I'm playing the optimist:D