Diamond On The Empress

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but I'll ask once again .....

Without a Diamond Lounge .... Where do the Diamond Members go for breakfast and late afternoon cocktails?

tp

We sailed on Empress last year and they don't have a lounge. They had a section of the MDR reserved for the Diamonds for breakfast. It was nice. One day, there were only 5 tables of folks up there with us. Dedicated waitstaff. Quiet. Not sure if all the ships do that or not.

Without a Diamond Lounge .... Where do the Diamond Members go for breakfast and late afternoon cocktails?

tp

Have not seen it confirmed recently but the ship had a D and up party on outside deck behind Boleros during sail away - kinda like a combination D lounge and top tier party.

Have not seen it confirmed recently but the ship had a D and up party on outside deck behind Boleros during sail away - kinda like a combination D lounge and top tier party.

We sailed empress last May for 7 nights. We had a D+ (With 350 points and up only ), pinnacle and suite event at the outside deck at boleros at sail away. It was not open for D or the lower D+. That may have changed.

M

• 3 weeks later...

We just sailed this past week. It was rather disappointing, as I saw mentioned that although no lounge, there were events were there were drinks and food, such as sail away. We attended the “sail away party”. Ha!!! It Consisted of a sign saying the deck was closed except to diamond and above. Beyond that, nothing. Nothing. No music. No staff. No drinks or food. We thought we had the wrong place... received an invite to another event. It lasted 15 minutes in which they thanked us for sailing, said they plan to release new ships, and please continue sailing with them. People started getting up in the middle of it and leaving. Asked the bartender why there was nothing offered, he said thy didn’t want to spoil everyone’s dinner and that’s what the guests wanted, ha! Apparently there was a lunch, we never received an invite, and after attending the first 2 pathetic events we likely would’ve skipped out anyways...

We just sailed this past week. It was rather disappointing, as I saw mentioned that although no lounge, there were events were there were drinks and food, such as sail away. We attended the “sail away party”. Ha!!! It Consisted of a sign saying the deck was closed except to diamond and above. Beyond that, nothing. Nothing. No music. No staff. No drinks or food. We thought we had the wrong place... received an invite to another event. It lasted 15 minutes in which they thanked us for sailing, said they plan to release new ships, and please continue sailing with them. People started getting up in the middle of it and leaving. Asked the bartender why there was nothing offered, he said thy didn’t want to spoil everyone’s dinner and that’s what the guests wanted, ha! Apparently there was a lunch, we never received an invite, and after attending the first 2 pathetic events we likely would’ve skipped out anyways...

Sorry for your disappointment. Reminds me of my last Princess cruise.Meet the captain. one drink. Captain spoke & we were told to vacate the lounge as something else was about to take place. So we drank our drink in the hallway. We are now platinum with them but don't plan on returning.