I guess everyone is watching the royal wedding!

Not to be upstaged,,,we had our own family wedding at the weekend , in which my nephew brought his bride home from the States and the guests cruised (on the ferry :D) to Waiheke Island for a sunset ceremony on a hilltop vineyard.

Not to be upstaged,,,we had our own family wedding at the weekend , in which my nephew brought his bride home from the States and the guests cruised (on the ferry :D) to Waiheke Island for a sunset ceremony on a hilltop vineyard.

Sounds a wonderful setting for a wedding David. I'm sure your family enjoyed the day just as much as those who attended Prince Harry's and his beautiful bride's 'do'.

I for one did watch the Royal Wedding as I'm sure many others did too. I rushed home from the football (4.35 pm game) and had time to make a hot chocolate and settle down to watch. Don't think my husband was too thrilled but he did sit and watch with me.

Leigh

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a little camping seat, packed a picnic, caught the 6.12 am train to Windsor and had a front row seat for all the pomp and ceremony of the Royal Wedding Day, which the British do so well. The happy crowd listened to the wedding, sang along to the hymns and "Stand By Me", and cheered and clapped, at appropriate times. We had a close view of the happy couple in the carriage, after their wedding. A fun day was had by all.

Sounds like a beautiful location for a wedding, especially for a bride from the US.

Does this mean you don't get to have a peak at the Royal Wedding? I only got to see it myself on TV a replay for an hour at 5 pm the next day.

I can safely say that I did not watch it, read any articles about it, look at any photos or show any interest in it. I am not interested in news stories like that. The same with US politics lately. I do not read any articles about the US Presidents family, relationships, rumours or scandals. If it is a financial news articles that relates to trade, travel, north korea and global tensions that could effect travel in the area and my cruise planning then I will read the article. I have just put blinkers on to avoid irrelevant news stories.

I was cruising so only got bits of the wedding despite it being broadcast live on board. there were quite a few UK citizens on board as well so there was a little bit of a buzz but most were not too interested in the wedding but wanted to see the dress. I saw a bit of the carriage ride and it was nice to see they had sunshine for their day.

Congrats on the family nuptials. I really like it on Waiheke Island, well worth a visit if people get the chance.:D