New Orleans park and cruise or use cruise port parking

Thad409

The garage at the port is easy to get in and out of and they charge $20 a day. I have always parked there. Very convenient.

Edit: is that the price just to park? Or does that include your hotel stay and transfers too?

We've used Fulton Place several times and wouldn't consider anywhere else. Close, easy and a lot cheaper than the cruise terminal garage. If you register on their website you get discount codes sent to your email from time to time.

To be able to answer that for sure I'd need to know how much you're paying without the park n cruise package. I'm betting they don't offer a shuttle to and from the port. If that's the case you'd have to figure in a uber or lyft.

In general I believe the best option is to find your own hotel deal...and park at Fulton Garage. I haven't parked at the port but I hear it's $20/day. I don't know if that's before or after taxes/fees. Fulton is $14/day after taxes/fees for covered...or $12/day after taxes/fees for rooftop parking. They have an excellent shuttle service to and from the port...and the porter meets you at the shuttle. It's all i've used in my five New Orleans cruises. You can book it at www.neworleansparking.com

I have always said I was going to use Fulton garage to save some money. But end up parking at the port. It is such an easy port to get in and out of that I figure it is worth it.

(Especially if you are tipping the driver each way)

I'll throw this out there. If I were to go with a park n cruise package..I think the best one out there right now that I'm aware of is the Country Inn & Suites in Metairie. I'm looking at the Saturday night before my Dream cruise in August and it's $134...and they have a free breakfast buffet and a shuttle to the port. The only drawback is they don't pick you up from the port. I'm looking at Lyft and a lyft from the port to Country Inn and Suites is $16.76 right now. That hotel room without the park n cruise is 88. So the cost to park there + transportation would be 134 - 88 + 16 = $62. Divide that by 7 days and it's $8.85/day.

The garage at the port is easy to get in and out of and they charge $20 a day. I have always parked there. Very convenient.

Edit: is that the price just to park? Or does that include your hotel stay and transfers too?

That's hotel stay, parking for 7 days but no transfer

You just kind of need to do the math to figure out the value. One variable to consider is how much you would be paying to stay somewhere else the night before it you don't use the park and cruise deal. Hotels in New Orleans can get expensive quick.

Last year we decided our best bet was to stay the night before in Slidell and use Fulton Garage. We had no interest in exploring New Orleans since we had been driving all day. I will say Fulton Garage was very easy and plan on using it again this fall.

We have always used

http://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking

The parking is covered and locked. Angel and his wife have always been on time to pick us up at the port.

They are lovely people and always know the best route to get you to the port, even during Mardi Gras or when the parades are going on. It is 5 minutes from the port.

If at all possible, I like staying the night before in New Orleans and enjoy the atmosphere and great food. Can't wait to get back and have some grilled oysters!

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be driving down from Chicago the day before our cruise on I-55 to I-10. We cannot leave super early because of dropping pets off at the vet, but the drive is about 13-hrs after that....so not too bad.

Our plan is to stay somewhere overnight along the way and then finish the drive in the morning before parking at the port.

Any recommendations on where is ideal to stay without having more than 2-hrs to drive in the morning?

We are not interested in seeing anything in New Orleans, we just picked this port because of dates and being more convenient than driving to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be driving down from Chicago the day before our cruise on I-55 to I-10. We cannot leave super early because of dropping pets off at the vet, but the drive is about 13-hrs after that....so not too bad.

Our plan is to stay somewhere overnight along the way and then finish the drive in the morning before parking at the port.

Any recommendations on where is ideal to stay without having more than 2-hrs to drive in the morning?

We are not interested in seeing anything in New Orleans, we just picked this port because of dates and being more convenient than driving to Miami.

I’d look at Hammond which is an hour or so north of of the port. Jackson, Ms is three hours out and I’m not sure there’s a good place to stop in between.

We've stayed at McComb, MS and Hammond, LA the night before a cruise.

To be able to answer that for sure I'd need to know how much you're paying without the park n cruise package. I'm betting they don't offer a shuttle to and from the port. If that's the case you'd have to figure in a uber or lyft.

In general I believe the best option is to find your own hotel deal...and park at Fulton Garage. I haven't parked at the port but I hear it's $20/day. I don't know if that's before or after taxes/fees. Fulton is $14/day after taxes/fees for covered...or $12/day after taxes/fees for rooftop parking. They have an excellent shuttle service to and from the port...and the porter meets you at the shuttle. It's all i've used in my five New Orleans cruises. You can book it at www.neworleansparking.com

I just did a mock for the day needed and across the board it was unavailable. Does this mean they are 100% booked? Or should I try closer to my cruise. (July 1st) Or just not available for online reservations? Could I show up and pay the day of the cruise?

I just did a mock for the day needed and across the board it was unavailable. Does this mean they are 100% booked? Or should I try closer to my cruise. (July 1st) Or just not available for online reservations? Could I show up and pay the day of the cruise?

That’s crazy. I’ve never seen that. It says unavailable for the first two weeks of July. You may want to call and make sure they aren’t booked up. 504-269-7296

If for some reason you can’t use them, try Machu Picchu. I’ve never used them but they have good reviews. They quoted me $110 for 7 days parking and transportation to and from the port. You can email them at bestofno@bellsouth.net

I’d look at Hammond which is an hour or so north of of the port. Jackson, Ms is three hours out and I’m not sure there’s a good place to stop in between.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

We drive down from Paris IL (I70 to I57 to I55 to I10). We always stop overnight in Brookhaven MS, which is exactly 2 hours to Fulton garage. Love this drive since you are basically all interstate to within 2 block of the port. Easy peasy :-)