Labadee Question!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:39 PM.
Buffalo, NY
61 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Does anyone have information on private bungalows in Labadee? I'd be interested in cost and location. If anyone had photos of them, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Soverign of the Seas - 11/91
Carnival Triumph - 03/04
Caribbean Princess - 02/06
Crown Princess - 03/10
Allure of the Seas - 5/11
Atlanta/Palm Springs
23,163 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
The cabanas are located on Barefoot beach. They are opened for suite guests to book first. After a certain point, they are opened up for anyone else that wants to book if any are left. The cost ranges from $150.00 to $200.00 for the day. This includes the use of snorkel equipment, floats and six 1 liter bottles of Evian water supplied in a cooler.

I have photos of them in my link below. They are in the Allure photos.
London
3,872 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Any good for you ? The ones over the water are great

Originally posted by MamaPuggle
Does anyone have information on private bungalows in Labadee? I'd be interested in cost and location. If anyone had photos of them, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02721.jpg (20.0 KB, 58 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ChipLondon
has cruised with Royal, Celebrity, Princess, MSC, P&O & NCL.
267 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
On my March 13th Allure cruise I will not be in a suite but would love to get one of these. Does anyone know if after the suite guests have reserved them if there are ever very many left for us non-suite people lol? Especially being on such a large ship with so many guests. Does anyone know when they open up to now suite guests if there are some available? Thanks.
London
3,872 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
This one shows it from the ship, and features more cabanas

Originally posted by MamaPuggle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02722.jpg (17.2 KB, 72 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ChipLondon
has cruised with Royal, Celebrity, Princess, MSC, P&O & NCL.
Long Island NY
30 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I was on the Allure in December and was not in a suite. All I did was walk up to the gate at Barefoot beach and they showed us which cabanas were available. We picked one up on the hill. We paid $175. Besides what the other poster listed you even get a upgraded lunch buffet right at the beach as well as golf cart shuttles back and forth from the peir. My wife was hesitant at first due to the cost but latter in the day she thanked me for talking her into it. An excellent experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Big Red Boat 1988
Monarch of the Seas 1994
Sovereign of the Seas 1996
Grandeur of the Seas 2005
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Voyager of the Seas 2007
Navigator of the Seas 2008
Majesty of the Seas 2008
Oasis of the Seas 2009
Allure of the Seas 2010
Explorer of the Seas 2011
Oasis of the Seas 2012
Liberty of the Seas 2013
Liberty of the Seas 2014
Splendour of the Seas 2014
Brilliance of the Seas 2015
Oasis of the Seas 2015
Oasis of the Seas 2016
Independance of the Seas 2016
Tampa, FL
1,445 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by SC166H
I was on the Allure in December and was not in a suite. All I did was walk up to the gate at Barefoot beach and they showed us which cabanas were available. We picked one up on the hill. We paid $175. Besides what the other poster listed you even get a upgraded lunch buffet right at the beach as well as golf cart shuttles back and forth from the peir. My wife was hesitant at first due to the cost but latter in the day she thanked me for talking her into it. An excellent experience.
This sounds wonderful! I can't be in the sun all day, too fair for that. This looks like a great option for relaxing. If a cabin isn't available after suites have their choice, is there good shade options in Labadee?
South Carolina
9,647 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
The beach, just beyond Barefoot Beach has many tree shaded areas ( if you get there early to get a spot under a tree.) Also, there are a few “pop up – umbrella like ” cabanas for rent on this beach and other beaches. We did not need one so I don’t know the price.

M
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising !

favorite cruise? - the most recent!
133 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
The cabanas are very nice, we looked at a few. I thought the price was outrageous! There are a zillion of shaded umbrellas that the fellows on the beach will put up for you right near the water and these are free! Free chairs and shade.