Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

I would love to see pictures of the dress you ladies wore for your vow renewal or for a 2nd, or casual wedding ceremony.

Here is the dress I thought I'd wear for a vow renewal on our Sept '11 cruise to Alaska (dieting to fit into it, and getting closer).

I'd like to see pics of what your DH wore too.

Thanks

Susan

$(KGrHqV,!lcE1GHGviUOBNYZ(yw5gw~~1_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!icE1NnORJ9YBNYZYNnPlg~~1_12.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!iQE1Noo)f0lBNYZW6biCw~~1_1.JPG

Hi!

That is very pretty I love it.

We may be doing a vow-renewal on our next cruise. It will be 15 years (2nd marriage for both of us)

I will post a picture if I find something.

Congrats!

Nora

I would love to see pictures of the dress you ladies wore for your vow renewal or for a 2nd, or casual wedding ceremony.

Here is the dress I thought I'd wear for a vow renewal on our Sept '11 cruise to Alaska (dieting to fit into it, and getting closer).

I'd like to see pics of what your DH wore too.

Thanks

Susan

$(KGrHqV,!lcE1GHGviUOBNYZ(yw5gw~~1_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!icE1NnORJ9YBNYZYNnPlg~~1_12.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!iQE1Noo)f0lBNYZW6biCw~~1_1.JPG

It's beautiful!:)

Hi - I wore a deep teal (called Ocean by mftr) in lace with sequins for my 50th wedding vow renewal. It was beautiful and I didn't want white or off-white since this color is terrible on me. I spent more than I usually would, but it was worth every penny. So was the Vow Renewal package I bought from Celebrity. This was on the Summit in June 2009. The Captain did the ceremony and everything was perfect.

Good Luck

Margee

Your dress is lovely. How exciting for you! I know you will have a wonderful time!

I just purchased this dress to wear at our upcoming Vow renewal this Summer. (not a cruise) I do not plan to wear the bolero/shrug top. I just don't like the way it looks. The dress is strapless, but it will be Summer and I should have good tan, so hopefully it will work.

I also purchased a blue sash to wear and these are the shoes that I bought. However, I am thinking that I might order the shoes to match the sash. Would love to hear thoughts about the shoes....should I wear the white or be adventurous and go with the blue?:rolleyes::)

I decided to go with a tea length dress as we will be climbing really steep steps. I will carry Drew's Airman's bible in place of a bouquet. He will be in his dress blues. I'm so excited!:DJust 166 days to go!;)

11253943_weddingvowrenewaldress.jpg.d5cbddf6098fd395ae33f28628cb5dc3.jpg

924359054_weddingvowrenewalshoe.jpg.9bfcff7901e092a315f41015830309b1.jpg

1111402330_VowRenewaldressshoesandsash.jpg1.jpg.7c16fe6d3ea9d65032335aad1cb802fc.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Boop3, this will be our 21st wedding anniversary. Third times a charm for us, LOL.

We will be on the Coral Princess to Alaska, can't wait, this is our 3rd cruise, 2nd on Princess, one on Carnival.

Drew's wife, lovely dress, I really like the blue at the waist, and I love the shoes. I haven't thought much about the shoes I am going to wear yet.

Where did you get them?

• 2 weeks later...

Although I have already bought the white shoes that I posted earlier, I decided to go ahead and order these blue shoes to see how they look with my dress. I love this shoe....just afraid it might be a little to high heel.

Once the shoes arrive, I will try them with my dress and see if I like the white or the blue better.

1882595823_davidsbridalshoe.jpg.6e1c2976d9f8c8b2afbbecbbd837990e.jpg

We just got home yesterday from 9 days on the Celebrity Century where we renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary. Everything was fabulous! I am trying to attach pics - hope this works

Just beautiful!!!! You both look so happy! Thank you for sharing your pictures.:)

Thanks, Drew's Wife. The ceremony was very moving and everything was handled beautifully. Congrats on your upcoming renewal. Can't wait to see your pictures.

By the way, my dress was a pale silver with very intricate beading. I think it shows up white in the pics.

Kim

Gayle Cool, I love the lace dress, where is your ceremony going to be?

Drews Wife, don't forget to post a pic of your dress with both pairs of shoes when you get them. I think the dress will be beatuful with either pair.

Our Turn, I love your pictures, thanks for sharing.

Beautiful dresses, ladies. Loved seeing the different styles.

Is it very common to renew your vows? Is there a certain anniversary that is typical for vow renewal? Just curious. I don't think I know anyone in my family that's done this yet.

Beautiful dresses, ladies. Loved seeing the different styles.

Is it very common to renew your vows? Is there a certain anniversary that is typical for vow renewal? Just curious. I don't think I know anyone in my family that's done this yet.

I think the silver and golden anniversary is usually customary....but I think it is something that a couple can do anytime. It doesn't even have to be on an anniversary. I know couples who have renewed their vows right before their spouse is being deployed or upon arriving home from a deployment.:)

ScorpioRose, gorgeous dress! I love the red flowers with the black and white.

Kim

You know it was the perfect little wedding....a limo picked up up, took us to the chapel with champagne, walked in handed pretty roses, nice minister with a good little speech on how to be good to each other, my sister flew in from Minn. to surprise me!!! My best friends were there to be with me and we all went to dinner and had tickets to Phantom of the Opera after...perfect!!!

168408244_zbGzk-S.jpg We had a reception when we came back...187195143_5msFd-M.jpg

I think the silver and golden anniversary is usually customary....but I think it is something that a couple can do anytime. It doesn't even have to be on an anniversary. I know couples who have renewed their vows right before their spouse is being deployed or upon arriving home from a deployment.:)

Ohhhh.. gotcha.. Thanks for providing some insight.

Hello all, My dh and I wiil be renewing our vows on the Ruby Princess on our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be sailing in less than a month and I actually went shopping today for my dress. I realize that time is short but I have been dieting and working out at Curves since August. I wanted to wait until I knew how much weight and inches that I could lose.

I found a perfect dress and it was 2 sizes smaller that I used to wear! I didn't buy it, though. It was ivory and had a chiffon scarf extending from the back beginning at the waist and flowing downward ....a train like effect. What time are these renewal ceremonies usually held? Our anniversary is on the first formal night and my thought was to wear the dress to dinner and the champagne water fall, etc. Does this dress sound to formal for the shipboard renewal? I could still go back and get it. Just not sure but I love the dress.

Hello all, My dh and I wiil be renewing our vows on the Ruby Princess on our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be sailing in less than a month and I actually went shopping today for my dress. I realize that time is short but I have been dieting and working out at Curves since August. I wanted to wait until I knew how much weight and inches that I could lose.

I found a perfect dress and it was 2 sizes smaller that I used to wear! I didn't buy it, though. It was ivory and had a chiffon scarf extending from the back beginning at the waist and flowing downward ....a train like effect. What time are these renewal ceremonies usually held? Our anniversary is on the first formal night and my thought was to wear the dress to dinner and the champagne water fall, etc. Does this dress sound to formal for the shipboard renewal? I could still go back and get it. Just not sure but I love the dress.

If you love it, and it's a 2, I know what you mean I'm a 2 on a good day and a 4 so if you can get in to a 2 and love it then go for it. It really doesn't matter what everyone else is wearing right, you have a special occasion to go to and that happens, sometimes you see ppl extra dressed up and everyone just assumes that you have something special going on. Can we see a picture? Where is this dress?

I am having a "white" party here before I leave to say good-bye to my friends and DH as I will be gone a total of 5 weeks (DH is coming to meet me the last week) I need a classy white dress for the party that will be at a resort. I could also wear it on the cruise I'm going on.....can't find a nice white dress. Where do you guys shop?

Gayle Cool, I love the lace dress, where is your ceremony going to be?

Drews Wife, don't forget to post a pic of your dress with both pairs of shoes when you get them. I think the dress will be beatuful with either pair.

Our Turn, I love your pictures, thanks for sharing.

Actually we are having a Vegas chapel renewal, right before our cruise to Alaska. I will probably wear the dress on the cruise for one of the formal nights as well.

Archived