A wonderful day with BrucesTours.ca Halifax & Peggys Cove

We arrived in Halifax by cruise ship. Had arranged the "Halifax & Peggys Cove" tour with Bruce. As soon as we entered the cruise terminal, there was Bruice holding up a sign with my name on it. Bruce on seeing me in my power chair was concerned because his mini-van is not accessible. I told Bruce that I would walk to his mini-van with my cane and leave my power chair in the terminal. Bruce talked to the terminal security people about watching my chair then brought his mini-van to the front of the terminal, reducing my walk.

That was how the entire day went, personalized service from start to end.

The 5 hour tour was over 6 hours long. We had 5 people in our party and all had a great time. The 2 people way in the back did require some extra climbing effort to get in and out. When my sister asked about a bathroom, Bruce said we would have a break in 2 minutes, not sure it was that long; try that on a big bus tour.

We visited spots that a big tour bus could not go. Never rushed, always informative and friendly.

Halifax - 2 hours

Tour includes a stop at a cemetary with a major Titanic tradgedy connection, plus Historic Downtown Halifax and other interesting areas. Guests can request stops of interest during the tour.

Peggys Cove - 3 hours

At the entrance to St. Margaret's Bay is the village of Peggys Cove. It is a working fishery village, a famous tourist attraction, and one of the most photographed locations in Canada.

At Peggys Point there has been a lighthouse since 1868, the present lighthouse was built in 1915 and has Canada's only post office in a lighthouse.

A famous resident of Peggys Cove was William de Garthe, an artist and sculptor. He created a 30m/100' carving in the granite out-crop in his yard that took ten years and depicts the fishery and the legendary Peggy-of-the-Cove.

Nearby is a memorial to the deaths from an airline tragedy in 1998 in which all 229 passengers and crew died.

Peggys Cove is fifty to sixty minute travel from Halifax. Time at Peggys Cove is approximately sixty minutes. While at Peggys Cove will have time on your own and we may visit some other points on interest (time permiting).

Archived