Posted January 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM
We were just on the Dec 19th Panama Canal - my huband (51) and I (48) took my parents (83 & 80) and here is what we did.
1. Cartagena Columbia - Booked a private city tour ( it was awesome!) to take us to the old city, La Popa and the new city with Henry El mejor guia de Cartagena $30USD per person + taxi - contact info is [email protected]
. Lots of walking - not good if you get tired easily.
We went all over and he speaks fabulous english and is really versed in the history of Cartagena. I also found the recommendation for him on tripadvisor.
2. Colon Panama - took the city and train tour from the ship. It was just ok $159USD per person, wouldnt recommend this and we got a partial refund we were disappointed.
3. Puntarenas - Booked with Odyssey Tours. Went to Tarcoles river, down to Jaco (beach/restaurant/shopping). $70USD per person was pretty good, Tarcoles was not that exciting. This was a motor coach so good to not have to walk in the heat but still get to see neat things.
4. Antigua Guatemala - book privately with Nancy Hoffman's tour company at [email protected]
She will arrange your private guide ( we had Victoria and he was terrific) for a guided tour of Antigua or whatever you want to do. We paid $80USD per person (transport included), soooo worth it! You can pay via paypal and she provides her skype contact too.
5. Puerto Vallarta - we went on the Yelapas snorkel trip - no parents this time. It was just ok.
6. Cabo San Lucas - was New Years day so we just roamed the city ourselves as we had been there before.
Celebrity Century 12-19-2012