Elite /Elite +

mcrcruiser

Because of the greater number of loyal Celebrity cruisers reaching the Elite level with 10 cruise credits ,do you think that Celebrity should institute a Elite + level like RCL has Diamond & Diamond + ?

What do you feel would be the advantages & or disadvantages of adding another tier to Elite + ?

What major perk would you want added in a Elite + tier ?

Because of the greater number of loyal Celebrity cruisers reaching the Elite level with 10 cruise credits ,do you think that Celebrity should institute a Elite + level like RCL has Diamond & Diamond + ?

What do you feel would be the advantages & or disadvantages of adding another tier to Elite + ?

What major perk would you want added in a Elite + tier ?

I am happy with the current perks we get from Celebrity for our Elite status. Anything they give extra is a bonus. :)

P.S. Must be a slow work day for you today. 3 posts within an hour asking curious questions? :)

I am happy with the current perks we get from Celebrity for our Elite status. Anything they give extra is a bonus. :)

P.S. Must be a slow work day for you today. 3 posts within an hour asking curious questions? :)

Yes no work day ,been retired 14 years & loving it :p

We enjoy seeing other folks opinions .

Imho ,it is only a matter of time before X decides to limit the Elite #s ; because of things like drink vouchers (personally I don't like that because it totally takes away the very thing we desire & that is the social interaction with fellow elite's:o) .

When RCCL changed their loyalty program to include a Diamond + tier they initially made some huge blunders & these cruise critic boards flamed them by thousands of posts .Thus ,they redid the diamond level to satisfy the diamonds & the Diamond + also were satisified .

The Elite level numbers are swelling so fast because it is not 10 cruises but 10 cruise credits to get you there ,that on the Solstice class ships they can't handle those huge numbers of Elites at the 2 hour free cocktails & thius give 3 drink vouchers per person .This is my 2 cents:p

This past December on the Reflection, elites were in the Sky Lounge. No vouchers

Yes that happens ;however ,the vouchers also happen .It all depends on the number of Elite cruisers aboard that ship ;)

I think and Elite+ is appropriate. I would probably start it at 75 cruise credits. Would add these benefits for that tier: 1 free dinner at specialty restaurant, 1 free shore excursion and free internet.

Hmmm do you have the 75 cruise credits ? Was thinking more like 24 cruise credits similar to the RCCL Diamond Plus level :)

If husband & wife are both Elites ,then there is 180 total minutes free internet .Are you inferring a unlimited amount of time on the internet?

Yes ,we like your other 2 perks & would vote a resounding yes to those perks:p:D:p

I think and Elite+ is appropriate. I would probably start it at 75 cruise credits. Would add these benefits for that tier: 1 free dinner at specialty restaurant, 1 free shore excursion and free internet.

If they did that I would be happily amazed:)

Celebrity has been talking about adding another lever for years now.

Three years ago they were going to call it Apex and it was for those with 25+ credits.

Since October the new CEO (Michael Bayley) has been saying they are working on changes. In December he said it would appear during the third quarter this year. On the Presidents cruise a week or two ago he said it would appear in the fourth quarter. They keep delaying the implementation.

All of the officers have been saying they will add two new levels and switch to days like RCL. I believe the new levels will be at the same number of days as RCL uses to maintain the reciprocity.

Their biggest problem is the growth in the number of Elites on TA cruises. Adding new levels does nothing to help that problem unless they significantly raise the threshold for Elite.

We can just wait and see:)

If they did that I would be happily amazed:)

Celebrity has been talking about adding another lever for years now.

Three years ago they were going to call it Apex and it was for those with 25+ credits.

Since October the new CEO (Michael Bayley) has been saying they are working on changes. In December he said it would appear during the third quarter this year. On the Presidents cruise a week or two ago he said it would appear in the fourth quarter. They keep delaying the implementation.

All of the officers have been saying they will add two new levels and switch to days like RCL. I believe the new levels will be at the same number of days as RCL uses to maintain the reciprocity.

Their biggest problem is the growth in the number of Elites on TA cruises. Adding new levels does nothing to help that problem unless they significantly raise the threshold for Elite.

We can just wait and see:)

Good points & thanks for your post & inout:)

Whatever the perks are, Celebrity better tread lightly as it took me 12 years to finally reach elite, and if they start subtracting perks from one to give to another, there will be some very upset people like myself who were loyal for years rather than cruising the minimum to get the benefits.

There will be new levels. This was confirmed to me yesterday by the Captains Club hostess on my current cruise on the Equinox.

I doubt that they would subtract current perks for what is now called Elite.

I can envision the following:

Elite. 10 credits

Elite Silver. 20 credits

Elite Gold. 35 credits

Platinum. 50 credits

The perks could include free drink packages, specialty restaurants and free Internet for the highest tiers.

There will be new levels. This was confirmed to me yesterday by the Captains Club hostess on my current cruise on the Equinox.

Elite. 10 credits

Elite Silver. 20 credits

Elite Gold. 35 credits

Platinum. 50 credits

The perks could include free drink packages, specialty restaurants and free Internet for the highest tiers.

That's a guess and I don't think it's right.

Phil

For someone who reached Elite level the hard way -- ie had to do 10 cruises and no credits given -- some sort of consideration ought to be made in my opinion. We will have 41 credits once we complete our TA this coming Sunday.

In my opinion, Celebrity ought count the number of cruise days. Not fair that someone can still get credit for only doing 4 or 5 day cruises. I remember when Celebrity only did a minimum of 7 day cruises.

So I guess once the new level comes out we will be Elite Gold. We are doing the Galalpagos this coming December and to reach Elite Platinum we will need to 3 or more cruises before we reach Elite Platinum (we always book Concierge Class and usually do 11+ cruise days).

My husband and I go back to the days when the Meridien was around, before Celebrity was sold to Royal.

Oh well ... we'll see. We've been very loyal Celebrity customers.

Hmmm do you have the 75 cruise credits ? Was thinking more like 24 cruise credits similar to the RCCL Diamond Plus level :)

If husband & wife are both Elites ,then there is 180 total minutes free internet .Are you inferring a unlimited amount of time on the internet?

Yes ,we like your other 2 perks & would vote a resounding yes to those perks:p:D:p

Nope, don't have even close to 75, I just made Elite on my last cruise.

Yes, free use of internet.

I think 24 is way to few, since just as Elite was very easy to make for some, this would be just as easy....you are talking only 8 cruises if one is in a CC or Aqua or Suite and is twelve day cruise. Everyone is complaining that Elite was too easy to make, so why make the next tier the same way.

Elite. 10 credits

Elite Silver. 20 credits

Elite Gold. 35 credits

Platinum. 50 credits

So Kevin – any idea how reciprocity might work. Say a cruiser is D+ with 65 RCCL cruises ( 450+ points) But only 6 credits with Celebrity? Will that cruiser be assigned regular Elite level or be assigned some higher level, more in line with the 65 RCCL credits . I know credits are not combined with the two lines. Also – with RCCL there is basically just one category (D+) from 175 points ( close to 24 credits) all the way to 700 points ( more like 100 credits )

Thanks and see you in a few cruises,

Marci

Elite. 10 credits

Elite Silver. 20 credits

Elite Gold. 35 credits

Platinum. 50 credits

If they maintain alignment with Royal the new levels will be at 25 & 100 credits.

Maybe we will know in 2014:)

Elite. 10 credits

Elite Silver. 20 credits

Elite Gold. 35 credits

Platinum. 50 credits

When Royal converted they counted each credit as 7 days and an additional number to insure no one lost stays.

Here is their current schedule based on days sailed:

Gold 3

Platinum 30

Emerald 55

Diamond 80

Diamond Plus 175

Pinnacle700

If they maintain alignment with Royal the new levels will be at 25 & 100 credits.

Maybe we will know in 2014:)

What's the difference between points and credits? Or are they one and the same.

I'm sticking to my guns about being given status based on cruise days.

What with the abysmal web of Celebrity I am sure that they are going to royally screw up, no matter how they allott the the levels.

Should be fun. Luckily I kept all of my sea pass cards.

When RCCL changed their loyalty program to include a Diamond + tier they initially made some huge blunders & these cruise critic boards flamed them by thousands of posts .Thus ,they redid the diamond level to satisfy the diamonds & the Diamond + also were satisified .p

I believe you are mistaken on this. The brouhaha occurred when they tossed the Diamonds out of the Concierge Lounge, leaving it only available for Suites and Diamond Plus guests. Royal eventually caved and set up the Diamond event where you could get wine and sparkling wine free and a 25% discount on other beverages.

What's the difference between points and credits? Or are they one and the same.

I'm sticking to my guns about being given status based on cruise days.

What with the abysmal web of Celebrity I am sure that they are going to royally screw up, no matter how they allott the the levels.

Should be fun. Luckily I kept all of my sea pass cards.

I personally would love for them to use cruise days (since I took some 9, 10 and 12 day cruises), but if they don't, I'm going to be taking some really short cruises in concierge class cabins, so that I'll get 2 points for a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise.

I personally would love for them to use cruise days (since I took some 9, 10 and 12 day cruises), but if they don't, I'm going to be taking some really short cruises in concierge class cabins, so that I'll get 2 points for a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise.

If they are converting in the 4th quarter where are you going to find those short cruises? They are about to end from Miami shortly and don't resume again until next December.

Also, I'd be surprised if Celebrity continues to double points for CC and AQ. You need to book a Junior Suite on Royal for these points and their JS is compatible to S cabins on X.

If they are converting in the 4th quarter where are you going to find those short cruises? They are about to end from Miami shortly and don't resume again until next December.

Also, I'd be surprised if Celebrity continues to double points for CC and AQ. You need to book a Junior Suite on Royal for these points and their JS is compatible to S cabins on X.

Since I'm already Elite (qualiied this year), I'll do them next year, to qualiy for the next step up...not this year. If it has to be a suite, I'd book it. It took me way too long to qualify for Elite, because I took longer cruises, so if they keep it the same, I'll take shorter ones to qualify faster for the next tiers.

So Kevin – any idea how reciprocity might work. Say a cruiser is D+ with 65 RCCL cruises ( 450+ points) But only 6 credits with Celebrity? Will that cruiser be assigned regular Elite level or be assigned some higher level, more in line with the 65 RCCL credits . I know credits are not combined with the two lines. Also – with RCCL there is basically just one category (D+) from 175 points ( close to 24 credits) all the way to 700 points ( more like 100 credits )

Thanks and see you in a few cruises,

Marci

Celebrity should take away the credit system and change that to Points systems like RCCL.

In order to make more in line with RCCL.The following is my suggestion.

Any categories below Concierge class will get 1 point per day.

Concierge and Aqua Class will get numbers of days cruise multiply by 1.5

Suite Class will get numbers of days cruise Multiply by 2

The new Elite level should be match with RCCL thats mean 80 Points.

For Elites+ it should be at 175 points like RCCL.

In that case I believe reciprocity might work.

Archived