Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

When you are a diamond member how many free drinks do you get and do they have to be taken during certian hrs and in a certian bar or room on the ship?

Thanks in advance

Three free drinks per evening, any bar on the ship, during the evening cocktail hour of around 5pm to 8:30pm.

Edited by clarea

When you are a diamond member how many free drinks do you get and do they have to be taken during certian hrs and in a certian bar or room on the ship?

Thanks in advance

Three per Diamond passenger/per day. The hours are the same as when the Diamond lounge is open - usually from 5-8:30. Any bar on the ship is good. You can also get free drinks in the Diamond lounge over and above those three.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It depends on the number of Diamonds and if the ship has a Diamond lounge. But generally, there are 3 drinks loaded onto your card. They are for most bars (Not specialty restaurants or the MDR). And only for certain drinks (those that would be served in the Diamond Lounge/event).

The D/Lounge also has happy hour (approx 5-8) with hors d'oeuvres and the same drinks. And it's a fairly good list, not limited to just beer and wine (thought the beer and wines are limited in selection). You can have as many as you care to, but usually you cannot take them out of the lounge. Which is inconsistently applied and enforced.

3 FREE mixed drinks per day from a select group of drinks on their special drink menu list, however, no limit on wine and champaign, which is in addition to the 3 drink coupons you get.

I am not sure what you *think* you are saying, but................

Just in case anyone is confused by your post:

The drinks don't have to be "mixed". The list is merely the brands of liquor that are available. They can be in many different kinds of drinks, but no "fancy" or "blender" drinks. You can, for instance, get a cosmo and (usually) a lemon drop. You can also have scotch straight up.

DSC07655_zps6c443e15.jpg

Almost every ship now has a Diamond Lounge, and even those that do not are treating some designated area as the DL. That means that you are no longer limited to wine & champagne for free.

The three drink vouchers are in addition to any drinks that you may have in the Diamond Lounge; no one scans your card in the DL.

Since they are intended to relieve the crowding in the Diamond Lounge during "happy hour", those vouchers are only valid during "happy hour".

On ships that have traditional, fixed dining times of 5:30 & 8, "happy hour" is 4:30-8. On ships that have traditional, fixed dining times of 6 & 8:30, "happy hour" is 5-8:30.

There may be one aberrant ship.

:)

Interesting how different the diamond lounge is from ship to ship.

First diamond cruise was on Allure. Nightly event was held in a large lounge with hors d'oeuvres and any drink you wanted including beer.

Next year on the Explorer event was held in a small lounge with peanuts and only wine was free. DH had to pay for beer.

Never tried to take drinks out of the room because I knew the rules.

Did see people take drinks out of the lounge on Explorer and nothing was said.

Next up is Quantum in March with the new 3 drinks loaded on to sea pass.

Curious to see what happens in the lounge.

Hi,

Our family no longer drink alcoholic beverages. On vacation I do enjoy a Red Bull from time to time. Otherwise it's pretty much sparkling water. Will these be offered? We are all Diamond.

Thanks!

Edited by Markmom18

On vacation I do enjoy a Red Bull from time to time. Otherwise it's pretty much sparkling water. Will these be offered? We are all Diamond.

I'm thinking "no" on the Red Bull and sparkling water. You could, however, get a soda water by the glass; I was able to get Diet Coke (I don't drink either).

We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas, June 2014. They didn't have the drinks loaded on the seapass then. So we had to go to the Diamond Lounge for the evening cocktail. They opened up the Viking Lounge outside the Diamond club during evening hours. There was sufficient space for all.

I made this video.

[YOUTUBE]C0XiSD6V6kU[/YOUTUBE]

Interesting how different the diamond lounge is from ship to ship.

First diamond cruise was on Allure. Nightly event was held in a large lounge with hors d'oeuvres and any drink you wanted including beer.

Next year on the Explorer event was held in a small lounge with peanuts and only wine was free. DH had to pay for beer.

Never tried to take drinks out of the room because I knew the rules.

Did see people take drinks out of the lounge on Explorer and nothing was said.

Next up is Quantum in March with the new 3 drinks loaded on to sea pass.

Curious to see what happens in the lounge.

You sailed on the Explorer before she began offering a better situation for Diamonds. That actually happened relatively recently.

It used to be that ships that did not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge had what you described: Complimentary wine and sodas, and other drinks for a 25% discount. No hors d'oeuvres.

As ships added DL's, RC realized that the remaining ships were an irritant, so they started upgrading the experience, even before they upgraded the physical facilities.

Quantum will more closely resemble your Allure experience. But better. :)

You sailed on the Explorer before she began offering a better situation for Diamonds. That actually happened relatively recently.

It used to be that ships that did not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge had what you described: Complimentary wine and sodas, and other drinks for a 25% discount. No hors d'oeuvres.

As ships added DL's, RC realized that the remaining ships were an irritant, so they started upgrading the experience, even before they upgraded the physical facilities.

Quantum will more closely resemble your Allure experience. But better. :)

EX has returned back to the old policy. No free drinks or Hors d'oeuvres at the Diamond event. I was just on the 1/9 & 1/18 sailing.

EX has returned back to the old policy. No free drinks or Hors d'oeuvres at the Diamond event. I was just on the 1/9 & 1/18 sailing.

Interesting. On our 12/4 sailing, Diamonds were allowed in the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine rooms, with free drinks and snacks.

Hello Merion_Mom...Thanks very much for correcting my total misunderstanding of the Diamond Lounge. It does get a bit confusing.

So, here is my stupid question, based on the drink menu you posted. Are you saying that if there is a dedicated lounge for Diamond members, even if it's not a so called Concierge Lounge, we can order drinks, based off of that list of brands, and NOT, just wine and champagne, plus, still have the 3 drink voucher coupons to use??

For example, we were on the Explorer last Spring, and the Diamond event each evening was in that sports bar off the Viking Crown Lounge. They only would serve us wine or champagne.

Anyway, we have two cruises planned for April, and, after the first cruise is complete, we will become Diamond + members. I will have to read up to see what changes once we reach that level. Thanks very much again for your time and help.

Dave

...So, here is my stupid question, based on the drink menu you posted. Are you saying that if there is a dedicated lounge for Diamond members, even if it's not a so called Concierge Lounge, we can order drinks, based off of that list of brands, and NOT, just wine and champagne, plus, still have the 3 drink voucher coupons to use??...

Correct, if there is a dedicated Diamond Lounge, you will have the same unlimited evening drink and snack choices as the Concierge Lounge. Plus the 3 drink vouchers to use at any bar around the ship.

Thanks Bob for the help. Do you think that the lounge on the Explorer that was used for the Diamond Event each night, wasn't considered a dedicated lounge?

Everyone in that lounge off the Viking Crown bar area, was only offered wine or champagne. I'm not a big drinker, but could not get a mixed drink in that lounge except if I used a voucher. PLUS, the only snacks they had for everyone were some peanuts. I thought it was feeding time at the zoo. lol

I ended up buying some Pringle's from the liquor store and bringing them with us to the lounge.

Interesting. On our 12/4 sailing, Diamonds were allowed in the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine rooms, with free drinks and snacks.
On the 1/9/15 cruise Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine rooms was D+ and P only, the diamond event was held in Maharaja's. On the 1/18/15 cruise CL only, and the Diamond event was held in Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine rooms. Diamonds could not use the their vouchers at the events.