Quebec hotels with view of Hotel Frontenac

off2paradise

I stayed at the Hotel Champlain last year and my room had a view of the back of the Chateau Frontenac. I really loved it the morning we boarding the ship because there was a fog that rolled in around sunrise and I have some gorgeous pictures of the top of the "tower" appearing above the fog in the pinky-purple morning light.

Thanks for all these suggestions! We've been to Quebec as a port stop several times. First time we pulled into port to find an inch of snow in October! The horse & carriage ride was so romantic! This time we leave from Quebec and are staying 2 nights pre-cruise. I thought I would prefer to stay in Frontenac but then realized when my husband stayed for business at the Marriott, the pic he sent from his window of Frontenac lit up at night was gorgeous! That's the view I want! Our friends would like something a bit more economical, so we will check out your suggestions! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone! We took a chance a few weeks ago and booked the Hotel Manior Morgan. For those of you familiar with Quebec, it is the old tourist information center across the park from Hotel Frontenac! When we booked it wasn't even open yet. We were a bit apprehensive of a hotel with no photos or reviews. Made some calls and the new pictures look good. I get the view of Frontenac, it's all new inside and our friends have a view of the river. I hope to post my opinion of this new hotel in a few weeks.

Actually, it is hard to be anywhere in the old city without being steps away from a great view of the Chateau Frontenac. If you go to the promenade, near the top of the funicular to the lower town, you will be 50 yards away - with a great photo op, and if you turn around you can look down upon your ship.