Carnival Tendering Process - Belize

attran99

Headed off the Belize on the Magic in a couple of weeks. We've got a lively group of 13 (3 families with kids of various ages), and we've booked a private cave tubing/zip line tour. We are not interested changing to Carnival's option.

What's the tendering process like for folks who do not have a Carnival-scheduled excursion?

How early do we have get in line for tender tickets and where?

When can we proceed to tender to the actual port?

I've read a few reviews and I haven't seen a recent one with specific instructions on how the process is done. Just needing some information so we can be prepared to get off the ship as early as we can to start our adventure for the day.

Thanks!

In my experience, there will be a place and time to get tickets, so be sure and show up early for that. If you have a private tour (which is very smart of you, by the way) - and it is fairly early - just let the cruise director know when you get to the waiting area.

They have no desire to make private tours late, and will accommodate you as best they can. The easiest way is just snag a low-numbered tender ticket.

This is all extraordinarily helpful! Thank you, all, for your notes, tips...and copy of the instructions from the ship!

Let me add our experiences:

As soon as we saw land in the horizon, well before our ship was ready to anchor off shore and quite early in the morning, we headed to the venue that was listed in the fun times. Every time, crew member handed out tender stickers earlier than the posted time.

Note: the tender ride is about 25 minutes. Each tender holds about 250 passengers.

Let me add our experiences:

As soon as we saw land in the horizon, well before our ship was ready to anchor off shore and quite early in the morning, we headed to the venue that was listed in the fun times. Every time, crew member handed out tender stickers earlier than the posted time.

Note: the tender ride is about 25 minutes. Each tender holds about 250 passengers.

I guess no staying up late and partying the night before. Guesstimating...how early do you think that would be? And does everyone in our party have to be there...or can we send a representative?

I guess no staying up late and partying the night before. Guesstimating...how early do you think that would be? And does everyone in our party have to be there...or can we send a representative?

One ticket per person and no leaving the area after you received a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tour companies are well aware of Carnival's procedure, they probably do this 5-6 days a week. They will have a head count ans will wait for all their paid guest. They always have phone numbers as well.

We are just planning to explore on our own, so we are not in a rush to get on an early tender.

Is there a time later in the morning, once most folks are off the ship that you can just wander down to the tender area and board a tender over? Does anyone know when that may me, 10 am -ish or earlier? later?

We are just planning to explore on our own, so we are not in a rush to get on an early tender.

Is there a time later in the morning, once most folks are off the ship that you can just wander down to the tender area and board a tender over? Does anyone know when that may me, 10 am -ish or earlier? later?

It depends on what time the ship gets there, how many people try to get off early or have excursions. The last time we were in Belize, we took our time. I think we went right down to the tenders between 10 and 11?

Everyone in your group has to go , No leaving the waiting area after you get your tickets .. Breeze waiting area is the main theater

Pretty sure the tender runs back and forth all day

Pretty sure the tender runs back and forth all day

It does, though the frequency will slow down in the middle of the day.

Also, as long as there are people waiting in line, they run the tenders. They don't just stop at the stated cutoff time. But if you are not in line after the cutoff time, and the last customer has been served, they pack up and leave without you!

Hey, you can always sleep on the tender.

What time is listed for Belize in your itinerary?

We did a Cave Tubing and Zoo, on our March 3rd departure on Magic. We had people in our group that were doing zip lining not the Zoo. We were transported in the same van. Just be ready to get off the ship as soon as you are tendered. We were told to go to one of the lounges and received a sticker, they called us in groups, but not in order. I think they know that most excursions take a while to get to so they seem to get everyone off in short order, but just make sure you are where you need to be to get your tender #. If it is the same company we used they want you there on one of the 1st boats. (it is a 5mile tender so it takes about 15 minutes to get to land) we thoroughly enjoyed our cave tubing and Zoo experience and also learned a lot about the Belize Culture. Have fun!

Yes I would say you all need to be there, you will be called by numbers shortly after receiving your tickets.