Pay mode Holland America

I just got a check from Paymode Holland America for the amount of $33.17. My dad also got one for the same amount. In the attachment it Reflects our booking # from the Ooesterdam 12 day repositioning Sailing from Vancouver San Diego Mexico San Diego Sept/Oct sailing 2017 but no explanation of the refund.

It was not something from our onboard account because I spend allot more money than my dad and our refund amounts were the same. I also checked my bill and there was not something there that was suppose to be there. So it could be something else related to the sailing.

Anyone else on the repositioning Ooesterdam Sailing 12 days from Vancouver to San Diego Mexico San Diego get a refund?

It could also be a partial refund for an excursion that a number of people complained about in the post cruise survey.

While stopping in NYC I did a tour bus excursion along with some friends. The next day we got a letter saying that we were being refunded somewhere around 25% of the excursion cost because so many people complained. This might also happen if the complaints were during the post cruise survey.

I called and asked our PCC about it. She said that it just said "miscellaneous" (the check said "Commission payment). She also speculated likely a refund of port charges.

Since we were all on Oosterdam Mexico cruises I'm guessing other posters are correct and was over charge for port fees.

I called and asked our PCC about it. She said that it just said "miscellaneous" (the check said "Commission payment). She also speculated likely a refund of port charges.

Since we were all on Oosterdam Mexico cruises I'm guessing other posters are correct and was over charge for port fees.

Thanks Frank for responding. I know you were on the same sailing. That is mainly what I was looking for to see if others were on the same sailing got a refund.

... I'm guessing other posters are correct and was over charge for port fees.

Then come back to CC for an accurate answer! :halo:

.... or, more likely, another guess!!! Thanks, but if the answer/information is important, I'll follow sail7seas' advice and call HAL. ... but, hey, to each, her/his own, so knock yourselves out "guessing" if that's what floats your boat.

Got checks today. $19 and change for Zuiderdam Canada cruise in 2016. As frankc said, it was labeled commission payment.

I wonder if there was some kind of audit that dredged up old charges like these?

This is what I was thinking, this is why I asked the question, I wanted to see if there was a pattern.

I was not that concerned what it was for as what kind of pattern there is on this.

Thanks for responding.

Both my wife and I received checks (I received just over $22, she almost $8), even though we were in the same cabin on the same booking #. This was from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam that sailed 10/23/2016. No explanation included with the checks...

Both my wife and I received checks (I received just over $22, she almost $8), even though we were in the same cabin on the same booking #. This was from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam that sailed 10/23/2016. No explanation included with the checks...

My husband and I were on that sailing. I will keep an eye out for a possible refund. Wonder what it is for?