Excursions

Guest panel8385

Guest panel8385

Hi all,

We are planning to book Grand Princess cruise for 7 days Classic California Coasts. My questions are:

1. Excursions. Why they are so early (usually 7 am). Are there any excursions available after 9 am? I couldnt find any.

2. Cash accounts vs credit cards. Which one do you recommend?

3. We' ve seen to many negative feedback for Grand Princess. Do you recommend any other cruises for California?

Thanks in advance!!:cool::cool:

Ship sponsored excursions are usually timed with the port arrival time to assure everyone meeting by a certain time and to assure a full excursion also timed to the necessary return to the ship for departure. What the ship offers is what the ship offers. You can search the individual ports of call for independent excursions that may have different origination times.

Credit or cash is up to you and your payment preferences. We prefer a credit account to avoid larger amounts of cash on hand.

Can't help you with your review concerns but be aware there are fewer west coast operators and itineraries than with, for example the Caribbean, so your choices are more limited.

Hi all,

We are planning to book Grand Princess cruise for 7 days Classic California Coasts. My questions are:

1. Excursions. Why they are so early (usually 7 am). Are there any excursions available after 9 am? I couldnt find any.

2. Cash accounts vs credit cards. Which one do you recommend?

3. We' ve seen to many negative feedback for Grand Princess. Do you recommend any other cruises for California?

Thanks in advance!!:cool::cool:

Excursions - without checking into the port arrival/departure times and length of tours it is difficult to know why they leave at 07:00. My guess is to have them completed before departure. Other option is to check private tours.

Accounts - if not providing a credit card, you must provide a cash deposit in advance. If it runs low, they will contact you to provide more cash. Personally we use a credit card.

Ship - the Grand, being the first ship in the class is about 20 years old now. Still prefer her and similar ships before they added an extra deck of cabins.

Enjoy your cruise.