Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

It's interesting to see it. It looks as though there is a shorter bow. Do you think that is so?

Roberta

Agree! It does appear that way from that particular angle but it should be the same type of bow as the Vista's.

westerdam.jpg

It's interesting to see it. It looks as though there is a shorter bow. Do you think that is so?

Roberta

No - it merely has an addition to the superstructure on Deck 4 forward, very much like that which is on Queen Victoria.

(another Vista derivative...)

photo-eurodam-construction-8-10-07.jpg

I find it disappointing that the forward corner SZ suites on Deck 10 will have no forward facing windows...

...without any forward facing windows, no jacuzzi tub and a smaller verandah than is typical for that category, I find little reason to spend the additional money for either of them.

I find it disappointing that the forward corner SZ suites on Deck 10 will have no forward facing windows...

...without any forward facing windows, no jacuzzi tub and a smaller verandah than is typical for that category, I find little reason to spend the additional money for either of them.

The Deck Plans indicate that they would each have 2 forward windows. I wonder why the strange change. :confused:

I agree....what a disappointment for an otherwise interesting cabin.

You're right - IMO, that location seems to call out for floor-to-ceiling windows in all the staterooms at the front of Deck 10

...but with those little windows in the C Category cabins and none facing forward in the corner suites, it appears that Deck 10 was designed by a bunch of accountants.

:cool:

You're right - IMO, that location seems to call out for floor-to-ceiling windows in all the staterooms at the front of Deck 10

...but with those little windows in the C Category cabins and none facing forward in the corner suites, it appears that Deck 10 was designed by a bunch of accountants.

:cool:

It does look really odd, like it doesnt match the floor plan, I wonder what happened? Maybe this is a question for the blog?

That's one mighty big screw! :D

Thanks for the pix, Copper. Our Edam bank account is looking healthy so it's good to know that she's coming along nicely, too. ;)

That's another pic of what an azipod looks like. The scew or propellor you're looking at is actually facing forward away from the stern

Captain John Scott , during his Q/A session, mentioned that CCL orders all new builds with a generic VISTA-Like platform. Once the CCL organization decides which cruise line will charter the ship, it gets customized to that cruise line's specifications. He made it very clear that the holding company owns the ships, not the individual cruise lines, within the greater organization.

This is not too disimilar to the way other corporations account for their physical assets.

Are you guys referring to those four rectangular windows two decks above the bridge?

John, they're talking about Observation Deck Forward. Here:

observationforward1.jpg

Note how the forward Suites have TINY verandahs but a nice forward view (two windows, actually, in each suite). The Photos don't depict what the deckplans show, however. There should be EIGHT windows across the front of the Observation Deck ... not four.

As an aside, from a purely personal standpoint, I'm pleased to note that it would appear that the staff clergy cabins (and guest entertainer cabins) have been located on this deck, just forward the stairs. :) We're under the crows nest, instead of abaft it (like on the R class ships). That's nice. MUCH nicer than on the Vistas, actually. :D

Captain John Scott , during his Q/A session, mentioned that CCL orders all new builds with a generic VISTA-Like platform. Once the CCL organization decides which cruise line will charter the ship, it gets customized to that cruise line's specifications. He made it very clear that the holding company owns the ships, not the individual cruise lines, within the greater organization.

This is not too disimilar to the way other corporations account for their physical assets.

Very true! The "basic" Vista-class design can be found in the Carnival, HAL, Cunard and Costa fleets

Very true! The "basic" Vista-class design can be found in the Carnival, HAL, Cunard and Costa fleets

And P&O

The first time I saw the Arcadia I thought she was a Vista. She's definitely based on the Vista hull.

John, they're talking about Observation Deck Forward. Here:

Note how the forward Suites have TINY verandahs but a nice forward view (two windows, actually, in each suite). The Photos don't depict what the deckplans show, however. There should be EIGHT windows across the front of the Observation Deck ... not four.

As an aside, from a purely personal standpoint, I'm pleased to note that it would appear that the staff clergy cabins (and guest entertainer cabins) have been located on this deck, just forward the stairs. :) We're under the crows nest, instead of abaft it (like on the R class ships). That's nice. MUCH nicer than on the Vistas, actually. :D

Thanks for 'splainin' Rev

You sure you want to be under the Crow's Nest? (unless you'll be up there yourself ordering Wang Wang's, partying, whooping, hollering and doing the Macarena)

And P&O

Right again, forgot about Arcadia

You sure you want to be under the Crow's Nest? (unless you'll be up there yourself ordering Wang Wang's, partying, whooping, hollering and doing the Macarena)

Let's see ... I can pay a couple of thousand dollars, per-person, for a cruise ... or I can go free and preach/preside at the Eucharist for my room and board. Which do I choose? $$$$$ or Free Cruise?? Hard choice.

:D

As for the "whooping" and "hollering" ... uh ... John ... it's the Holland America Line. The old codgers go to sleep at 11 pm ... remember??? :D ;)

Archived